10

Nathalia stares at Merlin.

"No,"

"You are jumping with them,"

"The fuck I am," Nathalia says. "You jump with them"

"I don't have to," Merlin says. "This is Arthur's orders, you hesitated last time you had to jump"

"Because it's jumping from a fucking plane!"

"You're doing it,"

"You're a fuck and I hate you,"

Nathalia stares straight ahead as the plane rattles. Her leg was bouncing as she fiddles with the gloves on her hands. The seven recruits were silent as they ascend.

"You can kick ass but you're afraid of heights?" Eggsy asks.

"I kick ass with my body a lot closer to the ground than it is right now," Nathalia says. "I've done it before which only reinstated my fear, to be honest"

"Hey, it's gonna be all right," Eggsy says, taking her hand in his and giving it a comforting squeeze. "You're fucking brilliant"

"Listen up," Merlin says. "Your mission is to land in the target without the radar detecting you. If I read you on the radar, or you miss the target, you go home. Is that understood? Drop zone coming up, 20 seconds"

Nathalia looks to Eggsy her eyes wide and he shoots her a soft smile.

"We gotta go,"

Nathalia stares at the opening and she feels her body lock up.

"Eggsy, I really don't think I can do this," Nathalia says.

"Of course, you can't," Charlie says. "That's why Arthur doesn't want women agents. Head to the back and I'll show you how, yeah?"

The light goes green and everyone runs forward, jumping off and Nathalia screeches to a halt.

"Eggsy, wait! Hang on!"

"Nat, just stop fucking about!" Eggsy says, grabbing her shoulders. "Follow me, yeah? You'll be alright"

Nathalia watches Eggsy run before leaping out of the plane.

"Nat, it's now or never" Eggsy's voice fills her ears. "Jump!"

Nathalia closes her eyes before leaping out of the plane, she straightens her legs and joins the circle of recruits.

"Good girl, Nat," Eggsy says. "I'm glad you made it!"

"I hate everything!" Nathalia shouts.

Come on!

"My, my, you're all very cheerful," Merlin's voice fills Nathalia's ears. "Did you really think it was gonna be that straightforward? Any idiot can read a heads-up display. A Kingsman agent needs to be able to solve problems under pressure. Like what to do when one of your group has no parachute"

"Merlin I fucking hate you!"

"What, no parachute?" Roxy shouts. "Who?"

"Shit!"

"Fuck!"

"Which one?" Charlie asks.

"What do we do?" Rufus shouts.

"I told you. Aim for the target. Come in under the radar. And I hope not to be scraping
one of you up. But if I do have to, and you're inside the target, please know I'll be very impressed"

"Fuck!"

"Oh, shit!" Nathalia says.

"Everybody listen, I've got a plan!" Eggsy shouts. "Pair off! Grab the closest person to them"

"Rufus, come on!"

"Fuck!"

"Rufus!"

"Shit! I can't!" Rufus yanks his cord, his parachute flying up behind him. "Thank God!"

"Fuck!" Eggsy shouts. "Rufus, you wanker!"

"We're an odd number!" Nathalia shouts.

"Quick, make a circle!" Eggsy shouts.

"Fuck, he's right!" Charlie says. "Boys, let's do it"

Nathalia links hands with Roxy and Eggsy and they continue to fall through the air.

"We pull our cords one by one!" Eggsy shouts. "When we know who's fucked, the person on their right grabs them"

"Okay, Eggsy,"

"Good plan, Eggsy," Merlin says. "You have 30 seconds. Come on now, hurry"

"Me first!" Hugo shouts, yanking his cord and his parachute flies after him.

"Fuck yes!"

"Okay, me next," Digby pulls on his cord and his parachute comes flying out. "See you on the ground, boys"

Edward is next to pull his cord and he shoots up into the air.

"Now me," Charlie's parachute comes flying out.

Eggsy, Roxy and Nathalia are the only ones left, tightly gripping each others' hands.

"Roxy, pull your cord!" Nathalia shouts and the girl does so, her parachute flying out.

Eggsy grabs Nathalia's hands tightly as the woman stares at him, clearly panicked.

"Nat, no matter what happens now, I've got you, all right?" Eggsy says and Nathalia nods.

"Okay, Eggsy," Nathalia says.

"Yours first, okay?"

"Yeah,"

Eggsy wraps his legs around Nathalia's waist as they continue falling towards the ground.

Nathalia lets out a quiet scream as Eggsy fumbles for her cord, yanking it harshly. Her parachute comes flying out and the jolt sends Eggsy sliding down her legs Nathalia reaches down, clutching onto Eggsy tightly.

"Shit! Nat!"

Nathalia screams, closing her eyes as they plummet towards the ground, landing in a heap. Nathalia rolls onto her back, panting heavily. Eggsy takes her hand and clutches it between his own.

Nathalia yanks her helmet off and turns her body over quickly, heaving into the grass. Eggsy holds her hair back as the agent vomits before she wipes her mouth.

"Merlin, you're a fucking dead man," Nathalia says when the man approaches them.

"Hugo, Digby, Edward, you don't land in the K, you're not in the K," The man says, completely ignoring Nathalia's glare. "Rufus, you opened too soon. You were all over the radar. All four of you, pack your bags, go home. Eggsy, Guinevere, congratulations. You set a new record. Opening at 300 feet, that's pretty ballsy. Well done for completing another task. Fall out"

"Sorry, sir," Eggsy says. "But why the fuck did you choose me as the gimp? Am I the expendable candidate?"

"No, no, no. You don't talk to me like that. You have a complaint, you come here and you whisper it in my ear"

Eggsy steps up close and Merlin yanks on his cord, the parachute extending, sending Eggsy flying back.

"You need to take that chip off your shoulder,"

"Merlin, you fucker!" Nathalia says. "You-"

"You did good Nat," Merlin says.

"We're still not friends,"