thirteen

chapter thirteen

of dancing 

"Your name, sir?" She asked, as she felt his hand on her waist. He tightened his grip a little, her breathing got heavier.

"Markus Leonord," He said with a big smile, "Pleasure to make your acquaintance,"

"Arabella Leversay," she said, with a smile. She looked at his handsome features, he had thick eyebrows and a charming smile, teeth perfectly straight.

"I know," He said, Arabella furrowed her eyebrows, "My father knows your grandfather," He reiterated.

"Oh," Arabella said, sadly.

"He's doing well," He replied, with a comforting squeeze of her waist. She smiled at him and gave him a nod.

He leaned in closer to her ear, his breath grazed her neck and a shiver ran down her back, "You look gorgeous," He said.

Arabella blushed crimson at his passionate compliment, his voice sounded sultry.

They waltzed around the room, standing on the sidelines was Anthony, Benedict noticed him staring at the girl with furrowed eyebrows.

"Ask her dance," Benedict said standing next to Anthony.

"I don't dance," he said in response.

"Of course, you do," he replied.

"Not with her," Anthony said, straightening his jacket.

The conversation came to an end as a young woman with blonde hair approach Anthony and he took her hand to the dance floor.

Arabella made her way toward Fiona after her dance with Markus. Fiona sat on the sidelines and watched as people danced, she made no effort to look at Arabella who took a seat beside her.

"Hello," Arabella said, looking at the pretty girl.

Fiona nodded but didn't say anything.

"Colin sent me," Arabella said which peaked her interest, "I'm supposed to walk you through the gardens to the back room,"

"Colin? He accepted?" Fiona asked looking at Arabella.

"Yes, shall we go? I believe he's already there," Arabella asked standing up, which made Fiona stand walk with the girl. Before they could make it 5 steps, Anthony stepped in front of Arabella again.

"Arabella," he said in a annoyed tone.

"Anthony," She replied, "Excuse us," She said stepping away from him and walking away.

Anthony huffed as he slumped on the chairs, soon after he was surrounded by young women who asked him for a dance.

Fiona and Arabella stopped for a moment in the ballroom to talk before they walked out the side doors. "You're not going to call me a whore?" Fiona asked.

"Why should I? It is your choice what you do," Arabella responded, walking down the steps. She felt her corset tighten.

"But you think it," Arabella sighed and turned around to face her.

"No, I do not," she replied, before looping her arm with Fiona's the two girl's walked through the main hall and took a left, before they entered a large room, the one Colin had directed her to go to. In the room was chairs and couches, all decorated a dark colour. The furniture was wooden, and the walls were a dark green shade.