CHAPTER 23

“Cough.”

Ronée had only gotten little sleep after staying up late. To add to this, she had also caught a cold.

“Does the owner of the Shinsu have a fever?”

The mages of the Tower, who were preparing for the trial, were on alert.

The same was true of Domelo, the royal physician of Ronée Palace.

They flocked to Ronée’s room in unison to examine her.

It would be a great crisis if the trial of the Tower was put on hold.

Fortunately, Ronée’s energy did not completely fade away.

– Kyaang!

The mages and doctors, who rushed to her side, were relieved to find the divine beast, Bell, protecting her with its large body.

As long as Bell’s size remained large, her cold would pass lightly.

“Are you doing any work during the day?” Domelo asked Ronée while examining her.

Regardless of how light the cold might be, he was still determined to find the cause.

“No,” Ronée replied, shaking her head.

Domelo tilted his head slightly and asked, “Are you skipping any meals…?” His gaze turned toward the maids. Ryne shook her head.

“Then, are you doing any strenuous exercises?”

Domelo scratched his chin in confusion when Ronée shook her head again.

“Exercise is…” Ronée paused as she recalled Nabel’s request not to leave Ronée Palace.

Because of this, her range of activities consisted of walks in the gardens of Ronée Palace.

“…Is difficult to do.”

Worried that the traces left by Nabel would be discovered, Ronée gently lowered the sleeves of her clothes, which had been rolled up her arms.

“From this point on, you have to go to bed early and reduce your strenuous activities at night,” Domelo spoke sternly before leaving the room.

Ronée covered her flushed face with her hands, wondering if Domelo and the maids could see how embarrassed she was.

“I’ll give you a warmer blanket,” said Dia, the head maid, without any additional words.

It was meant to help her sleep a little warmer at night.

However, Ronée’s face flushed even more because everyone in Ronée Palace already seemed to know what was going on in her room at night.

“His Majesty has commanded that we prepare for the National Wedding once the trial of the Tower has ended.”

The news of a royal wedding had quickly spread throughout the castle until it eventually reached her ears.

There was no way that the servants of Ronée Palace, most of whom were loyal to Nabel, were unaware of the relationship between the two.

No matter what secret methods Nabel used to enter her room, there was no way that the maids and servants, who managed the entire palace, would not know.

While Ronée fanned her blushing face, Nabel received a visit from Domelo in his office.

“While it’s a blessing for the imperial family that the two of you have a good relationship, please refrain from keeping the owner of the Shinsu from sleeping at night.”