Chapter 15 - Hopeless Reverie

Early in the morning. This is the daytime when the sun had just appeared in the sky - meaning that a new day had come. Even though it couldn't shine with all of its power, still the lights had already penetrated through the whole city - giving everything a bright yellow tone.

Somewhere in the Palace of Paris, the sunshine - in a spacious, blue walled bedroom - had just waken up someone else too

Somewhere in the Palace of Paris, the sunshine - in a spacious, blue walled bedroom - had just waken up someone else too. A pile of blankets covered a whining creature completely to avoid the warm sunlights that made her room instantly bright.

She was still too sleepy to start a new day with full of problems and duties. She would have done anything for some more hours to spend with nothing else but sleeping.

Last night - after the encounter with a certain cat happened - she couldn't fall asleep for hours! Millions of thoughts waved through her head, filling every piece of her brain cells with messy imaginations while she - without her own will - constantly recalled yesterday's events: the library, her father's announcement, the marriage, Chat Noir.

Chat Noir.

Marinette still couldn't believe that he was at her balcony last night. It just felt so surreal that the moment she thought about him, he popped up in front of her out of nowhere.

Oh, how much she wished she could be honest and tell him everything! The marriage, the reasons why she had to fulfill it, and even her identity - secrets that have been becoming more and more unbearable to hide from him.

But she couldn't tell them. Not until they defeat Hawkmoth and make sure the safety of the Parisians. After all, she was Ladybug, a superhero whose identity must remain a secret until the end of the evil.

"And that's not gonna happen nowadays." she thought and turned on her right to delay getting up a little bit. At that moment, she was desperate to do anything to stay between those super comfortable pillows forever.

Suddenly - just as she was about to fall asleep - the door tore open loudly and a redhead girl stepped in.

"Who's ready to start the day?!" Alya exclaimed as she shut the door behind her.

"Iagdbfj..." a weird sound murmured through the blankets.

Alya - ignoring the fact that it was dawn - rushed to the windows and drug the curtains out of the way to let the sunlights occupy the room with all their strength.

"Alya, it's too early!" Mari whined as she pulled a pillow on her head.

"Nonsense! It's just the perfect time!" Alya clapped her hands excitedly.

"For what?" Marinette scoffed. "For waking up a grouchy woman who had absolutely not enough sleep?!"

 "For waking up a grouchy woman who had absolutely not enough sleep?!"