ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

"I wonder when is the rain going to stop"

You mumble to yourself as you stare at the cottage's window which is getting tainted with droplets of water.

Even though listening to the rain calms your mind down, the knowledge of being away from the castle brings you great discomfort.

However, it is still better than being nearby the psychotic king and his sons.

"I have prepared some warm soup for you" you look at Zephyr who is placing two bowls of hot soup on the table.

Your nose gets enchanted by the mouthwatering smell of the soup.

And before you know it, your feet take you to the table, and you sit down.

The albino sits the opposite of you, smiling at you softly.

"This is my special soup, it is made out of herbs and meat" he explains.

"What type of meat?"

Your questions make him freeze up in fear that you might have exposed him.

But, he relaxes when he meets your innocent eyes.

"Deer meat" he replies calmly.

"Good thing that it isn't monkey meat" you joke, lightening up the mood with your smile.

However, before you could eat, you feel sudden pain in your uterus.

And wetness in your underwear.

Indicating that you got your period.

"Is there something wrong?" Zephyr asks with worry, upon seeing the uneasy look on your face.

"Can I please use the bathroom?" You request standing up all of a sudden.

"Yes, it's at the end of the hall" you nod your head slowly.

"Can I also borrow those handkerchiefs?" you pick up two handkerchiefs off the table

"Go ahead"

You quickly rush off to the bathroom leaving behind a confused Zephyr.

𑁍❁𑁍❁𑁍

"Why did this have to happen to me now? What's up with my luck"

You mumble to yourself, as you stare into the mirror after washing your hands.

Ever since you lived on this island, you couldn't get your feminine necessities.

Like Pads.

However, you used the old ways of using a handkerchief to stop the bleeding.

After you dry your hands with a towel, you walk out of the bathroom.

Only to be surprised to see Zephyr standing there.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes"

He suddenly leans his down to your neck and takes a long sniff.

You are shocked, but stand still not knowing what to do.

"Are you sure? You smell..." His voice suddenly changes into a haunting one.

His stare also has glints of disgust in them.

"...rotten"

His words make your eyes widen in fear.

"I'm on my period!"

You confess, face heating up in embarrassment.

Zephyr backs away from you slowly to give you some space.

"What is that?" He demands, his disgust rising at the strong smell.

Your breath hitches when his expression transfers into an unhuman creepy one.     

Without thinking, you start running towards the front door.

Then outside the cottage, and into the forest during the rough rain.

One problem is...

...that Zephyr is chasing after you.