chapter seventeen.

"shouldn't we take our things to the prison first?" you say grimly to your mother, but yamato has overheard, "our employees took care of everything earlier, your boxes are in the room. please make yourself at home," he says.

you silently follow him into the house, your mother holding his hand. sae has to laugh to himself the whole time, he feels like he's in the wrong movie.

he has known for a long time that his father has a new girlfriend who would soon move in with her daughter here. but he didn't care at all, after all, the house is big enough.

now his perspective has changed abruptly, you can't seriously be something like his stepsister.

"i'm going for a smoke" he has to get used to it first. "me too" you mean, just want to get out of here.

"since when do you smoke?" your mother and sae say at the same time. not answering, you follow sae into the garden, you don't even smoke.

"i'm not giving you a cigarette," he says, lighting one for himself. "you owe me money anyway" you make an ironic allusion to the deal.

"all settled" he admits.

"what?" you're confused.

"here, pretended i lost it in front of yoichi" he hands you a new check.

"oh, thanks" you pocket the check, you need the money after all - your pride is of no use to you now. sae knew that you would regret your decision and you are glad that he at least understood this.

"can someone wake me up from this dream now?" he speaks loudly to the sky, his cigarette pointed upwards in prayer.

"this is not a dream, but don't worry, i'll take care of it" you go back inside. now sae is the one who is confused and looking after you.

you already have a plan on how to escape this hell as soon as possible.

"there are some rules under this roof" yamato stops you as you go to find your room.

sighing annoyed, you stop, when sae comes into the room again with a cloud of smoke around him. quietly he stands by you.

"now that we have two teenagers in this household, i'm afraid we have to be a little stricter. we all want to harmonize," yamato folds his arms in front of his chest. "we're all going to be respectful of each other and not bother anyone. above all, you should be considerate, so no more loud music when y/n wants to sleep, for example," yamato reminds his son that he'll be living on the same floor as you.

"no music? so you want to hear my visitor moaning instead?" he just laughs.

"there we already come to the next rule. now we are more people in the house, so it would be advantageous to consider this. so if you each invite your partner-" yamato says.

now your mother interferes, she witnessed reo bringing you home several times the other day. "your friend mikage is welcome to keep coming over" she is a huge fan of him because he is so respectful and nice to you.

sae's head shoots up, you can't help a devilish grin - it's funny "of course, i can't do without him" you gush.

pissed off, sae snorts, just goes to the stairs and doesn't want to put up with all this anymore.

"please show y/n her room! after all, she lives in your hallway" his father demands, his son only makes a half-hearted hand gesture, whereupon you follow him upstairs.

"here" he opens your door, pushes you in carelessly and slams the door again behind you.

you yell "asshole" extra loud, but he has already disappeared into his room at the other end of the hall.

luckily there is a bathroom adjacent to your room, so you don't have to share it with him or yamato. "luxury" you grin now, after all, you've never had your own bathroom before, let alone such a large room with a balcony.

with rin, however, it's just as luxurious, couldn't your mother have chosen his father?

"fucking bigwigs," you run over the expensive sink, next to it are already some products. "who needs so many condoms?" you say, almost disgusted, and take the XXL pack in your hands.

your question is answered in the next second, "fuck off, i have shower time now" sae comes into the room, a second door borders this bathroom, which must lead to his room.

"oh fuck," you almost cry "how will i ever shower in peace now?"

"just jump in baby" he whispers into your ear, turns on the water. rolling your eyes you leave the bathroom.

it won't be long before your eyes fall out from all the rolling he does. especially now that you have to have him around all the time "seishiro?" you just invite him over here to talk to him about everything.

not ten minutes later, he's there, in your new room. "why the hell am i in itoshi's house?" he could puke.

you talk about everything for a long time, then you hear the water being turned off.

with a swing the door is opened, sae stands wet with only a towel around his waist in front of you, "have fun with the cold water" he grins antisocially, then he's gone again.

"don't look at him so turned on" seishiro has caught your look "what can i do about it when he looks so good?" you throw yourself frustrated on the bed.

carefully your best friend lies down next to you "at least you got the money" he sees something good in this.

after half an hour he has to leave, you say goodbye and now you want to take a shower. suspiciously you look at the door in the bathroom that leads to sae's room, determined you fetch the chair from your room and put it in a way that he can't get in.

only then do you take a shower - with cold water. shivering, you put on the bathrobe that the staff has provided for you. you brush your teeth, and suddenly someone kicks brutally at the door you locked. after the third kick, it opens, and now the door handle is broken.

"next time you should think of something better" mumbles sae, grabs his toothbrush and stands at the second sink.

silently you stand next to each other and brush your teeth, unintentionally you look through the mirror into his face - he does the same.

you look away directly, but he does not. "if you have nightmares about rin's face or something," he finishes, walking to his door with his face turned to you. "you can always just come to my bed, good night, y/n" he leaves.