Chapter 20

Sidharth plays the guitar and Sana hums a Hindi Bollywood song.
"Sing na."
He asks. With a smile she starts singing,

"Tu jo rutha toh Kaun Hasega
Tu jo chuta toh Kaun rahega....
....
Tera yaar hun main.."

They sit near the window that overlooks the garden. A few more songs later she says,
"Sidu, now that we are friends, we can talk about anything and everything. Like old times. Right?"
"Who told you we are friends? And who told you that I am okay on calling me Sidu?"
Shehnaaz makes a face and hits him on his arm,
"Amma no.. you said. You gave me a name. Now you are back to your khadoos mode?"

Sidharth raises his eyebrows,
"Khadoos?"
"Aur nahi toh kya? You hugged me and kissy kiya, yahan.(pointing to her forehead) You know kissing someone on the forehead means you care for the person."
"And who said that? Maataji Rondu billi devi?"
She pulls his hair, "Shut up!"
"Arey! Why my hair? Leave it, c'mon."

She leaves and he asks, "Okay. Tell me about these kiss theories. Forehead kiss means care, hand pe kiss ka kya matlab hai?"
"That's to show you are a gentleman. "
"Acha. What about cheek?"
"That's to show you like the person."
"Okay and lips?"
"I love you."
Sidharth stares at her startled.
Sana bites her tongue, "I mean, kissing on the lips symbolises that one loves the other person."

Sidharth smiles,
"What a theory you have got here! Hats off to you. Kahan Kahan se concepts le ke aati ho. Anyways, let's go to bed. It's late. Tomorrow I have work and Ma is coming back."
He helps her go to bed.
"You know I am glad we spent some time alone."
"And why is that?"
"We talked. Ma told me to talk to you. Discussions can sort things out. We have our differences sorted.. I mean to some extent. We are laughing and talking nicely. That's quite an achievement. I might have to wait to hear Shehnu or call you Sidu. I am happy to address you Siduram and well I feel that Rondu billi name is kinda cute."

"Tum pagal ho. Thodi nahi puri pagal ho. So jao ab."
She lies down.
"Siduram, what was Ryan talking about begging today?"
"Nothing. So jao."
"I get it, you don't want to talk about it. But you can actually. You will feel good after sharing."

Sidharth looks away sitting on the bed. A little later he says,
"After the accident, Dad was in the hospital for 20 days. He was in and out of the operation theatre. It was not easy to see him in that condition. I tried my best to get money for another operation that he was scheduled to have. It was risky but Doctors wanted to take a chance. I needed money but no relatives came forward to help us. Ryan's and Rohit's fathers had already helped us. How much more could I ask from them? Jewellery had been sold off, FDs had been broken, shares and bonds were sold. I didn't know what else to do then."
He stops, gulps down the pain,
"I couldn't arrange for anything and he passed away. After his death, we came to know about the mortgage he had taken. His factory was sold off to pay some of the amount. "

"Your relatives are bad people. They should have helped."
"At my father's rites at home, my uncles came to our house and blamed me for his death. According to them, I had too much ego to ask for money from them. They wanted me to fall on their feet and beg them to help me. I didn't do that and so they didn't help. I.. sometimes feel, I should have begged them. Maybe I could have saved him and his factory. I could have lost my self esteem and asked for money from Ryan's dad. But I couldn't. "

Sana touches his shoulder and says,
"It was not your fault. Just remember that. Your friends were right, your Dad would have never wanted that. Sorry, if I made you go through all those painful memories."
Sidharth shakes his head and then smiles.

Sidharth and Sana reach the hospital. Sukhbinder lies in the bed as they enter the room. He smiles at them as they enter. Sana hugs him and starts asking questions about his health while he enquires about her sprained ankle.
Rajvir enters the room a little later and informs them that the doctor will be coming in a few minutes to check on Sukhbinder.