Chapter 5: Backpacks and stiches

Song of the chapter: Love You Like A Love Song by Selena Gomez

- - -

Marinette stares at the clock, her eyes following the movements of the hands of the clock. It feels like the timepiece is teasing her by moving as slowly as possible. It frustrates her.

She's barely even listening to the teacher anymore and all her attention is fixated on the time that's ticking by slowly.

Marinette is, however, interrupted from her previous activities by her best friend who softly taps her shoulder.

She whirls around in surprise and she meets Alya's eyes that are sparkling with excitement.

The girl with the ombre hair moves a piece of paper towards her and Marinette stares at it with a puzzled expression before slowly unfolding it to see what is inside.

'Tomorrow the whole class is going to the club. Luca is coming with us, so we will all get drinks from him. You can come by my house so we can get ready together?' It says.

Marinette can't help but wonder if it's a good idea to go out. Her parents would be furious if they found out she was drinking alcohol underage at a club. The thing that changes her decision that she won't go, is that Luca is coming too. She can't let that chance pass.

So she nods with a grin and Alya does a little dance to celebrate her response. Marinette giggles at her best friend before focusing on the time again.

Just as she's reading the time though, the bell rings and she immediately shoots up from her chair again.

She runs out of the classroom with a huge smile on her face, because well... She's going to see Adrien again and they have become great friends so she enjoys spending time with him.

This time, she doesn't even bother going home anymore. Adrien clearly doesn't care that she's younger so he probably won't find her childish for bringing her backpack.

Luca always frowned when he saw her pink bag and it made Marinette insecure. Sure, she knew that it was considered more fashionable for girls to have purses instead of backpacks, but Marinette's simply practical and a purse isn't practical at all. She made sure to make her bag as pretty as possible though, but it clearly wasn't appreciated by her crush.

Her self-made bag bounces on her back as she runs towards Adrien's apartment and Marinette ignores the feelings she's getting in her belly at the thought of seeing Adrien again.

When she rings the doorbell, the door immediately opens as if Adrien already knows it's her.

Marinette walks up the stair towards the familiar oak door that leads her towards Adrien's apartment.

She's just about to knock when the door is already opened and Adrien is beaming at her. "You're early." He states, smiling brightly.

"Yeah." Marinette agrees. "Ran here straight from school." She explains, walking inside and dropping her bag in the hall before taking her shoes off.

"I love your backpack." Adrien suddenly says and Marinette feels him touch it with gentle touches. They're so gentle that Marinette wouldn't have noticed it if Adrien's breath wasn't in her neck. It gives her goosebumps and shivers run down her spine.

"You made this yourself, didn't you?" It clearly was a rhetorical question, because the blonde continues talking. "Your stitching is amazing, I think even my father would be impressed and that's rare." Adrien gushes.

Marinette blushes and carefully takes off her backpack, not wanting to hit Adrien in the face with it because after all, that would be classic Marinette.