✹thirty three ✹

╣fuck cersei╠

╣fuck cersei╠

Myrcella didn't like King's Landing. There were snakes everywhere and her mother hardly ever treated her with kindness. Nor did her father, who apparently wasn't even her father at all.

She didn't like Winterfell either. Its halls were too cold and grey. Everyone there seemed to be dead or dying, or horribly old.

No, Myrcella did not like King's Landing or Winterfell, so she settled on Riverrun. Her and Lady Catelyn were left behind with a small group of men while Robb Stark, Myrcella's husband, had advanced with his army. He had been furious when Catelyn had let Jaime go, more so than Myrcella had ever seen him. He was distant, but he was kind.

She thought that he would have beat her with the rage that he contained. Robb had left his mother behind as punishment. He had left Myrcella claiming that a war was no place for a queen. Myrcella had tried to argue against him but in the end, Robb had his way and Myrcella was left under the care of Catelyn and her father.

It all turned out to be the best choice anyways for Myrcella swelled with child through the next months.

When she found out, Myrcella thought of how furious her mother would be when she heard the news. That forced a smile out of her at least.

✵    ✵   ✵   ✵

Rhena's throat felt like sandpaper when she woke. She could hardly bear to swallow and coughed as soon as she did. Steady hands gripped her shoulders and she was lowered back onto the bed where she was resting.

"Hush Rhena" Her mother's voice was calming and Rhena's eyes opened to catch a glimpse of her. "It will be alright." The light around them was bright and Rhena could only make out a figure. "Drink this, you've lost a lot of blood."

"Mother." she mumbled, still trying to see the woman who's face had been long forgotten.

"She's woken up." The voice called to someone else.

Two sets of arms wrapped around her and lifted her to a sitting position. "It will be alright mother." One of them said, voice horse and quiet.

Rhena tried to open her eyes once more and came face to face with her sons. "Tyros, Aryen." Her vision shifted to the other in the room. "Daenerys." She was disappointed that her mind had tricked her sister's voice into her mother's. How she wanted her mother now.

"Rhena." Daenerys sighed, tears visible in her eyes.

"What's happened?" Rhena asked, trying to balance her head on her neck which seemed far weaker than she remembered. Actually, most of her body felt weaker.

Daenerys looked down as her tears started to flow, not willing to meet her sister's eyes which had cleared from ill rest. "I will not repeat myself, what happened?"