Chapter 23

Roxanne was regretting every single decision of her life as she tried to keep up with the ringing of multiple phones and telecoms. 

flashback

*sigh* Roxanne could swear Zerithia was doing this on purpose, who could even sigh that much without getting thirsty????

Nonetheless, she hesitantly glanced at the older woman "is there...something wrong?" 

"of course, your brothers are so annoyingly busy that they apologised for not taking a day off on our second anniversary" Zerithia did not waste time beating around the bush, huffing as she finally talked about the frustration eating her up inside. 

Roxanne gulped, she did not blame Zerithia for being upset but... her brothers were really busy too. 

"i'll call them to take a day off..." Roxanne instantly grimaced scolding herself from a minute in the past but seeing Zerithia's expression literally glowing she bit back whatever excuse she had thought of for saying ridiculous things. 

One day...couldn't hurt, she had no choice either ways. 

Flashback end

Roxanne knew her brothers would not leave all the workload on her so she slyly told them that the project would be kept flowing just at a slower pace by the managers and they would have to work even more efficiently for the introductions and launches to be held as per schedule. 

Even then Cain was very reluctant knowing the type of person Roxanne is, it only made him feel more guilty because he also had his duties as a mate that he wanted to fulfill. Seeing his internal confict Roxanne just threw him a glare that had him scurrying out. 

"manager Kohl, I need the banquet hall in the best conditions, this is a very important event and we are trusting you with this. Please don't disappoint" Roxanne's tone held no room for argument when she finally pressed the disconnect button only to turn and pick up the receiver of another telecom. 

"Ask the idols what they are comfortable with, they are the money source but also human so treat them as such. They guy with the pink hair looks specially scared from the footages I have seen, either schedule a meeting with all of them with me or handle it yourself without complaining like a child. I know you also have a lot on your plate but bear with me for today." after hearing an understanding confirmation Roxanne had barely put down the receiver when she picked up another call. 

This one was from Kitty. "yes?" 

"Roxanne, another request from the government officials is forwarded to your email along with the paycheck for the previous ones." 

"yes, I'll go over it, in the meantime send an email apologising for the delay in reponse and be a darling and find some plausible reason. Thank you" Roxanne was finally surrounded with silence. 

She looked at the time only to frown since it was lunchtime. No wonder you have no calls. 

'Ring' 

Shit, she totally jinxed it didn't she? 

Without bothering with the caller id she held the phone to her ear acknoledging with a small hum

"and here I thought I'd recieve a 'hello dad, how was your trip?'" 

Roxanne's eyes slightly widened as she pulled her phone back to check the caller id that said 'dad' 

"ah, sorry. I didn't see the caller id. How was your vacation dad?" Roxanne let herself finally sink into the soft chair (it costed a lot mind you)

"hmm, it couldn't have gone better. Although, you have made quite the buzz launching in three completely different industries, one being completely new" Aurum's tone was borderline impressed as he stated the topic of discussion in many sources of information. Even the locals were buzzing about it.