Chapter 11: Snakes and Rats

"Welcome!"

"Welcome!"

The shop door jingled as it opened and a customer walked in, her heels clicking loudly with each step.

"Seraphine! Darling!" Emilia greeted back while strutting over to the counter. Sera was taken back by her appearance, not expecting her to show up out of the blue like this. But before she could ask Emilia anything, the escort engulfed Sera into a hug, uncaring of her attire or state she was in. "Oh, I've missed you. Look at you!" She pulled back and inspected her. "In your adorable little apron and those gloves. How delightful!" She clapped her hands together and took a step back.

The District 5 escort had once again changed her appearance but she still looked the same.

Her hair was now a pastel mint green, pinned to the side in curls. Her full heart shaped lips were painted with an icy mauve color which oddly didn't clash with her hair. She wore an indigo and silver pantsuit with lilac fur on the collar, shaped like a flower. In the center of the flower was a small pink diamond.

"Emilia. What brings you here?" Sera asked carefully, going back to her station where she was working on an arrangement.

"Don't tell me you forgot." The escort put a hand over her mouth and shuffled to where Sera stood over the bench. Sera blinked innocently, trying to recall what she forgot. "No. You did." Emilia looked a little relieved rather than upset, pleased Sera had forgotten and was busy living her life. "The victory tour? Ring any bells? Well I won't hold it against you, considering how busy you look."

Sera was busy. The shop was left unattended as everyone was suddenly far too busy. It fell to Sera to manage the shop. At times, she felt as if she couldn't cope but she was glad Huxley and Clarisse were there to help. The former of whom was currently out for a delivery. She was very thankful for her childhood friends. It was natural the thought of the oncoming victory tour had completely slipped her mind.

Sera looked at Emilia and smiled apologetically. "Sorry, I just had a lot on my plate...with the shop and everything."

"Oh I understand, dearie. Don't worry about a thing." Emilia waved it off, she didn't mind if the young victor had forgotten and she looked more pleased than anything. It was a little different than what Sera expected. She expected Emilia to be overly dramatic and drill the importance of the victory tour and the games by extension into her mind but she didn't.

Then again, Sera did think the escort for District 5 was a little stranger than most. For one, she seemed to prioritize the tributes over the importance of the games and would constantly tell both Sera and Eugene, the two needed to remember where they came from rather than simply focus on the game. Emilia looked like someone who knew more than she let on.

Emilia said nothing for a while and instead she walked around the small shop, marvelling at the display. "Who made these? They look absolutely wonderful."

"Well," She wiped her hands off on the apron and she flinched, remembering Emilia was still there and she should have used a towel. Emilia paid her no mind. She eagerly waited for her answer. "The ones in the top shelves were made by my aunt and the middle and bottom shelves were me." She gestured to the displays of the readymade flower arrangements and floral centerpieces.