Chapter 29 - Quidditch Again

Classes with Dumbledore were turning out to be very creative and fun. He had tasks for Eve that no other Professor would give her. When they had advanced to Dark jinxes and other curses, Eve had asked him whether a small, but deliberate change in either the word of the spell or the wrist movement could change the impact of the spell. Impressed with her doubt, he gave Eve the task of changing a few Dark Spells (under his supervision, of course) into common but powerful hexes with a twist. They were also trying to decode an ancient rune (not the subject) that apparently carried the Counter- Curse to the Killing Curse. Even though Eva was great with codes, she was still stuck at the last word, which was very annoying to her.

As the term progressed the Gryffindor Quidditch Team progressed too. After facing a horrible defeat in their 5th year, Eve was now hell-bent on getting that 'damn silver cup'. The last match was Slytherin vs Gryffindor, and it was loads of pressure on the Team. They hadn't played finals with Slytherin for 3 years, and all of them knew what kind of cheating scum they always had been, especially Lucius.

On the day of the finals James looked so stressed, that Lily told him that she'd let him take her on a date if he scored 5 goals. This cheered James up a bit, and he went to cheer everyone else with his happy news.

"Fine Morning, ladies and gentlemen. Here we are, finals of the Hogwarts Inter-house Quidditch Cup, and even the Headmaster's present," Remus said, and the crowd burst into cheers.

"On the field we have from Gryffindor: The amazing Longbottom, Charming Smith, Loverboy Potter, The Only Famous Black, Terrifically Cool Shacklebolt, Need For Speed Wood AND The One And Only Female Seeker AND CAPTAIN Of The Decade- Holmes!" More cheers, and Eve gave Sirius a wink to let him know that they were going to win.

"Oh and the Slytherins are on the field too. Let's see: Bleached hair Malfoy, Slytherin snake Black, and let's not forget her betrothed Lestrange; and we've got Avery and Greengrass, and finally another Black!" Cheers erupted for each team, and Remus' voice was drowned by the applause and shouting from the stands.

"Captain Holmes and Malfoy shake hands. Malfoy flinches a bit, reckon he's afraid of her already. Does that jaw still hurt, Malfoy?" Remus said, and Eve grinned as she shook Lucius' hand.

"The snitch is let out, and so are the Bludgers. The Quaffle is released, and here we go! Potter to Smith, Smith to Longbottom, I reckon he's been going to practice only because Eve had shouted at him- Bludger to the face, hope it broke Malfoy's jaw completely, been hoping that for your years now-"

"-Lupin!"

"Sorry, Prof. So anyway, Quaffle's still with Gryffindor. And lovely news to James and Lily shippers, Lily has promised to let James take her out if he scores 5 goals. I believe that there around 48 people who owe me 5 Galleons, each- and 10 points to Gryffindor! One down, Potter, 4 to go," Remus said as the crowd erupted into noise again.

"As for the status of Captain Holmes and Sirius Black, I'm afraid that they're still together, ladies and men of the Sirius Black FanClub. And they're very serious too, get the pun?- Minnie, YES it's absolutely necessary that I tell the crowd all of this- fuck, now I've missed a goal. 10 points to Gryffindor! Anyway, like I was saying, Captain Holmes and Beater Black are very much still together, and to the young bloke who asked me today whether Marlene McKinnon is still single- she is, but she doesn't deserve you. And she hates you too. Anyway, Beater Black aims Bludger at Chaser Black, Bellatrix, hits her right on the nose, and fucking Merlin, what a throw by James Potter-"

"Remus!"

"-sorry Minnie. Anyway. Brilliant throw by Chaser Potter, to Smith, and back to Potter again, SCORE! 10 points to Gryffindor! Gryffindor leads 40-0. One more goal James, just one. And the game moves on, and bloody hell, Malfoy snatches Potter's Quaffle, throws to Bellatrix, Quaffle to Lestrange, back to Malfoy, who avoids a Bludger right on time, and- oh no, 10 points to Slytherin." The game continued, and Gryffindor was still having Quaffle when Greengrass aimed a Bludger at James.

"Fucking hell, that was fucking too close-"

"Lupin, I'm warning you-"

"- I would like to tell everyone that I'm usually not like this and that- fantastic shot by Beater Kingsley, and apparently Regulus dives for the snitch, and there he goes, fuck, he's gonna get it- Oh my fuck- god- brilliant aim by Beater Black, and HEY THAT'S CHEATING!" Remus shouted the last words, and Eve looked up to see Malfoy pulling James' broom with his hand and trying to stop him from scoring a goal. "YOU RASCAL! YOU ARSE, LET HIM GO! I'M GONNA FUCKING GET DOWN FROM THE STANDS THIS FUCKING MOMENT AND FUCKING RIP YOU APART IF YOU DON'T FUCKING LET HIM GO! PENALTY!"

Even Minnie was screaming at Malfoy, her hand pointing at him as she cursed out loud and didn't care what Remus was currently shouting at Malfoy. Hooch gave Slytherin a penalty, and Eve thought that this wouldn't be the first time that a Malfoy did something so unjust to a Potter.

"Anyway, after that UNJUST PIECE OF CRAP THAT WE WITNESSED- "

"-Lupin, as correct as you might be, tone it down a bit-"

"-Okay, okay. AFTER THAT LITERAL DEATH EXPERIENCE THAT MALFOY GAVE POTTER, Slytherin gets a penalty. Potter scores, and Non- Jily shippers, you're all paying up to me today, 10 points to Gryffindor! Let's see 5 times 48. That would be 240 Galleons. GRYFFINDOR DRINKS ON ME TONIGHT. And good bloody God- seekers Black and Holmes dive through the sky, and look at that- fucking hell, that's too low, and Black retreats, oh my God, look at that- fuck- she's almost touching the ground- and- YES! GRYFFINDOR SCORES 150 POINTS! HOLMES CATCHES THE FUCKING SNITCH! GRYFFINDOR WINS! BET YOU REGRET RETREATING BLACK! GRYFFINDOR WIN-" And Remus' voice was drowned in the noise made by the crowed again.

The whole team ran towards Eve and she hugged all of them, tears almost in her eyes. She was a successful Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. She went along with her team and Dumbledore handed her the gleaming Silver trophy, and Eve grinned as she held it out for the people on the stands to see. Sirius picked her up right in front of everyone, and pulled her in for a deep kiss, and the crowd roared. "We won," he whispered, and Eve kissed him again, a big smile stuck on her face.

---------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote.