Twelve

ARABELLA

When we reach his room, he unlocks it and opens the door. I sniff the air and realize it's the smell from the room I spent over at in the tattoo store.

"Do you live in two places?" I tilt my head up at him and he shrugs.

"I only sleep at the tattoo parlor when needed."

I make a 'O' sound and follow him into the place. It isn't big nor small, just perfect. The main color scheme of the house is black, brown, and grey.

I will have to help him add some color soon.

He leads me to the bathroom and I slouch myself onto the counter as he gets a wash cloth. I watch as his being hands scrunch up the towel and place it under the water, yummy.

"Where do you get your rings?" I ask and he looks down at them before shrugging again.

"Places."

Well obviously.

I ignore that question and stay quiet as he slowly cleans up my face. He is so close I can feel his breath on me.

I stare into his eyes while his is on my bleeding cheek. I wonder if he knows how close we are.

He pulls back when satisfied and then looks over my body to check for more injuries.

"Rico." I whisper, he responds with a 'Hm'

"My leg, it's bleeding."

He bends down to look at my leg and I watch as he looks up at me for consent and I nod my head.

He grabs my legs, one on my under thigh and the other on my calf.

He looks at the cut with angry eyes before grabbing the cloth and gently dabbing it, I hiss from pain.

He looks up at me with concern but I just nod with a tiny smile.

When he is finished with everything, he places his hands on my waist as he helps me down from the counter. His gentle touches such a contest from Adam.

"Va bene?" He says with worry in his tone and I feel confused.

"What does that mean?"

"Okay?" He translates for me and I make a 'oh' noise before I nod happily at him.

He holds out his hand and I gently take it as he leads us out the bathroom and into the bedroom. He checks the time and sees that it is 3 pm. He curses under his breath and looks at me with anticipation.

"I have to go train for... Something." He looks away and I raise a curious eyebrow.

"What for?" I ask confused and he just shakes his head.

"Will you be okay here?"

I nod my head and he nods his as he goes to grab a bag from his closet, filled with clothes and water bottles.

When he leaves, I feel the tears flow again.

I curl myself in a ball on his bed and try to get some sleep, hoping that when I wake up, this would all be a dream.

~

I feel my body getting pushed and I groan, Adam?

I peel my eyes open but flinch back behemoth I'm met with piercing green eyes.

"What are you doing here?!" A screeching voices bounces off the walls and comes from the brunette. I look around confused.

Omg, is this his wife?!

"I- um... I don't understand. Who are you?" I tilt my head at the girl dressed in a shirt purple dress that pushes her boobs to the point that the dress is barely holding anything.

"I'm Beth! Rico's sister. Do I know you? I don't usually remember his whores." His what?

"I... I don't- I'm not a-" everything feels jumbled in my mind and just the mere thought of Adam makes me sick and sad at the same time. What time is it?

"Stuttering now huh? What's your name anyways? Brittney? Lilly? Emma? Oh! Let me guess, Riley?" She points at me like she is playing a guessing game and I stare at her confused.

"Hah! Look at you, you look like a..."

Before she can finish, another girl voice comes up behind her.

"Beth leave the poor girl alone." I lean my head sideways to view the deeper and less screechier voice.

My eyes widen at the girl in black. Literally.

Her pin straight black hair falls against her back as she wearing a black beanie with devil horns in the front of it. She has rips stockings on with a black skirt and lacy top to match it, fixed with a bunch of jewelry. She has a lip piercing, a tongue piercing, a eyebrow piercing, and a septum. She has green eyes like Beth and I can see faint freckles on her cheeks, she also has a sharp jawline. Holy cow.

My eyes go wide at her and she smirks and waves. "Hey, I'm Quinn. Don't mind my bitch of a sister Elizabeth. We are just... Curious to why there is a girl in my brothers bed. He never has girls over." She raises a eyebrow and I watch in trance as the piercing moves with it.

Woah. Adam always said that piercings made people look ugly, but Quinn looks amazing with them.

"I'm Arabella, but you can call me Ara." I smile shyly at her and she nods with a wink.

"Cute name. I always thought the name Arabella was pretty." She walks towards me and sits on the bed next to me, I somehow feel more comfortable with her than Beth.

"Hello?! I'm still here!" She screeches and I watch as Quinn gives her the bad finger. Rebel.

Elizabeth whines as she marches out the room while cursing at Quinn to which she just laughs at. "God she is so annoying, do you have any brothers or sisters?" I shake my head.

"Hm, lucky. When you have a sister and a boyfriend, it's so chaotic. My boyfriend is kinda scared of Beth. Do you have a boyfriend? A lover?"

I look away and at the ground with tears in my eyes. Adam was my lover.

My one and only.

She notices the tears and quickly changes the subject. "Well don't cry now! If we are going to get to know each other, we need all laughs. And maybe some wine"

I like her.
——————————————————————————