Chapter 48: Genya and Sanemi's past

Hikaru's POV

When the three demons collapsed the building that Tanjiro, Nezuko, Genya and I were in I felt blinding hatred rush through my veins. I liked being able to see the best in everyone around me but these three demons, that was what they were, demons. They had put my friends in danger and they were going to pay, they were going to pay dearly.
"ENOUGH!" I yelled out as I pushed myself out of the rubble, I had a wound on my forehead that was bleeding and my hair was all over the place.
"Enough! Enough! Enough! I'm going to fucking kill you" I roared out as I gripped my sword tightly and moved. Karaku's eyes widened as I appeared right in front of him, putting my sword through his stomach and ripping it to the left side. I knew that I couldn't cut their heads off if I didn't want them to multiply but that doesn't mean that I couldn't make them suffer. Without pausing I then turned grabbing Urogi by the wing and slammed him into the ground. My foot was on his back and I ripped the wing up as I swung my sword cutting the feathered wing off making Urogi scream out. Feeling pain in my body, I saw that Sakido was hitting me with his lightning but I just turned, throwing my sword towards him. He just scowled as he went to dodge the sword. Since they were watching the sword they didn't see me move to grab my sword and slice into Sakido's left shoulder and down. I nearly cut him in half but pulled my sword out at the last moment. Once that was done Karaku tried to attack me but I jumped back away from them. I didn't even realise at that moment that a deranged smirk was on my face.
"I may not be able to take your heads off at the moment but that's okay, we can always have more fun with other activities. Tell how many limbs can you lose and regrow before you eventually lose the will to grow them back? Fifty? Sixty? That's okay, I'll just take a hundred from each of you" I smiled. Karaku, Urogi and Sakido felt shivers go down their spines, they weren't sure what was going on but they were terrified. They knew that for once they were not the hunters but the hunted.
"Now then let's get started, we have a lot of work to do" I laughed as I once again attacked them. Urogi lost his other wing while Karaku lost both hands and Sakido, who once again hit me with lightning, was cut straight in half.
"Oh sorry about that, it seems that I cut a little too deeply" I giggled as I headed back for them.
"Hikaru!" Tanjiro's yell caught my attention and I turned to see him, his sword was blazing red and so pretty, like fire.
"That's enough, Hikaru. Come here now" Tanjiro yelled. I don't understand, his aura was clouded in anger, sadness, desperation and horror.
"Tanjiro.....Why are you angry Tanjiro? I didn't do anything wrong, these, these fucking demons are the ones that are in the wrong! Why aren't you on my side?" I demanded my eyes narrowed in anger. I hadn't done anything wrong so why was Tanjiro getting angry at me? They were the ones that he should be angry at!
"I am not angry at you Hikaru, I am angry at these demons that dared to harm you and our friends but if you are there then I can't have my turn to punish them. Will you come to me so that I can deal with them and then I will give you a special reward okay?" Tanjiro smiled but I knew it was fake, his aura was telling me the truth.
"I'm sorry Tanjiro but I can't do that, see I am going to fucking kill these demons. Then I'm going to hunt everyone that ever dared to hurt Nezuko and you. Once that is done I will happily get a reward" I smiled at him.
'Ha....I didn't want to have to do this but I guess it's the only way to get through to him' Tanjiro thought.
"And what about Rengoku? Or Uzui? Or even Sanami?" Tanjiro called out and I froze as I was headed back to the demons.
"Did you forget about them in your anger? How would they feel about what you are doing? We both know that this isn't who you are but you are letting your anger control you so much that you haven't realized that you are bleeding" Tanjiro said and instantly I stopped and looked down. My chest that had been cut by Urogi was bleeding, I also have a deep cut on my left leg, a gash on my forehead and from the stinging there was a cut on the back of my left arm as well.
"Are you going to keep bleeding everywhere and put Nezuko at risk? You know your blood as a marechi is irresistible to lower level demons but it is also dangerous" Tanjiro said. As soon as his words hit me my eyes went wide and my arms and legs started to tremble. What? How could I lose myself like that?
"Back with me now?" Tanjiro asked and I looked down to see the glow that had been with me ever since I was protecting Nezuko and Tanjiro from the demons in the building was fading and disappearing.
"Yeah....I don't...I" I tried to get out but my tongue couldn't get any words out.
"For now focus, we will deal with this later" Tanjiro said and I nodded.