Chapter Three

The heavy soundes of panting came from not only my lips but those of my teammates as we huddled on the field. Today would be my fifth day of detention, the early morning Tuesday breeze not doing much for our overstimulated bodies from our morning practice.

Couch blew his whistle to catch our attention as he stood with a shit eating grin as he always does when he sees he worked us half the death. "Good job boys! Hit the showers you smell like burnt ice cream cones."

A few players grumbled as he said this but I simply chuckled along with Tyson. Couch was an interesting man to say the least, terrible with speeches and definitely was the most awkward man on the planet unless it had anything to do with football. Despite that he was the most genuine and loyal man who had our backs to the end and we all knew it no matter how hard he pushed us.

The showers were as they normally were, bunch of idiots spitting nonsense about who fucked who and making sexual jokes to each other. It was already 7:40AM by the time we finished up and first period would start soon at 7:55. To early to say the least. Tyson and I made our way out of the locker room into the halls toward our actual lockers to fill our bags with our books.

"Did you hear Clark? He said Betsy had sex with Joseph and after she left his house went to sleep with Pete. That's wild man, think she'll take a swig at me?" Tyson opened his locker as he said this. My face scrunched up as I fake gagged.

"For one it's Clark so he's probably full of shit and two even if it is true, which it probably isn't, I don't think sleeping with someone who has no problem hopping between people is wise dipshit." I shut my locker as I zipped up my bag looking over at him as I now leaned against it.

"Okay but She's hot dude." This time Scott appeared from Tysons left side butting into our conversation but we never minded.

As they began to talk about Betsy I got lost in my own thoughts as my eyes landed on the paint covered hoodie I've grown to seeing after school. The last few days of detention we didn't speak much- well he didn't speak much I know I can talk for days but he was keen on listening to me which I appreciated it made the time pass. The conversation we did have was actually nice and had nothing to do with who was with who or the latest scandals or had to do with picking on the loner kids. It was honestly kind of refreshing.

The only thing that irked me was he didn't talk much. I don't know why it bothered me so much, I figured it's only because everyone wants to speak to me not to be a conceited asshole but it was true. I made friends easily even though I kept my circle small but he was different. He didn't seek my attention or try to pry into my life. I had been trying to keep conversation everyday but he normally only let out a sentence every once in a while. He was shy and timid I realized and never really met my eyes but it only intrigued me.

I hadn't noticed I was staring until the bright shade of green met my eyes. His eyes widened slightly before quickly averting my gaze as I did the same, swallowing thickly at being caught staring unintentionally.

"Jackass did you hear what I was saying?" My hand instinctively came up and swatted Tyson in the back of the head at the nickname, his head shooting forward as he winced.

"Ow you fucking prick what was that for?" He exclaimed in distress, rubbing at the spot.

"For calling me jackass." I grumbled, as he finally closed his locker. The three of us began our way down the hall toward our classes.

"Fair enough, did you hear me say that Scott and I want to come over tonight?" Scott was peering over Tyson's shoulder to look at me for confirmation. I shrugged my shoulders with a smile as I responded with a "sure."

                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My leg was bouncing by the time third period bell rang to indicate fourth period. I rushed my things together to meet my friends by the lockers to make our way to the art class. I was leaned against the lockers as their obnoxious loud voices boomed from down the hall. Eyes followed us everywhere we went and it was no different today as they made it to their own, with smiles to match my mine.