12 - 𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚁𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"I want to see you."

└─────────❍─────────┘

Sena heaved a deep sigh, seeing I had no plans of answering her

Sena heaved a deep sigh, seeing I had no plans of answering her. "If you continue producing lackluster results, you better be ready. Your clan's sacrifices to give you that control would be for naught."

She eyed me with such displeasure I could feel it on my stomach. She was utterly beautiful, but one would only notice that if they get past the trepidation that'll rush through their blood when they glimpse at her eyes. I lowered my head, unable to keep an eye contact. "I did not ask for this."

She frowned, partly annoyed. "There, there. You poor thing don't even want perfection, yet those annoying dumb fucks don't even care about you, no?"

Perfection.

Inumaki clan had always been respected, just falling short behind the top three clans. That description always bothered our clan leader. After all, no one wanted to be described as "almost there".

And that was why he thought it was a good idea to make a deal with this sorceress and create a perfect blend from our clan. One that could talk properly and choose the targets of cursed speech. One who had less limitations.

In a twisted turn of events, that chosen one happened to be me.

"Please just take it away." And maybe return my father to me, too.

My voice broke. I felt vulnerable in front of her. It was as if she could see through me and I had no means of blocking her out. "I don't really care anymore," I muttered through gritted teeth. That was entirely a lie, but I was tired of living through all these expectations and pretending to be level-headed all the time, even when I was not.

"Ah, hold on! I forgot to tell you why I'm here. Sorry, how rude of me." She paused, thinking while pouting at the same time. "They called me to propose a new deal. It's about granting your cousin that technique, too. Who's that again? The little boy?"

Toge?

"He is too young!," I exclaimed. The ropes that bound me tugged against the inflamed lines on my wrists. I held back a yelp, swallowed the urge to cry out, and exhaled shakily. It would do me no good if I showed her too many emotions. Sena might not be on my clan's side, but she was certainly not on mine either.

As if my sufferings weren't enough.

"I told you." She shot me a knowing look and snapped her fingers, causing the object to release me in an instant. "They're getting impatient because you're not showing any good results. Or maybe they still haven't known you've unlocked your domain already- very unlikely."