Welcome the Rank Owl Irumi-chan!

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 12;

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

Irumi, age 14. One day she found herself the granddaughter of a demon named Sullivan. Sullivan loves and spoils Irumi and is even sending her to the most prestigious school in the land. But there are a few problems. 1. The school she is attending just so happens to be the demon school known as Babyls. 2. She is still very much human in her capabilities, knowledge, and mindset. 3. Should they find out the part of her being human- they'd eat her. And 4. Her heritage and being is completely shrouded in mystery. Will this pitiful girl who was sold off to a demon by idiotic humans make a better life for herself in the Netherworld? One way to find out!

____________________________________________________________________________

At the finish line, no one had yet arrived much to the teacher, Kalego's annoyance. "How is it possible that no one has reached the goal by now?" Kalego grumbled in loathing at how his time was being wasted. Not far away, a mere five minutes after his scalding remark, Asmodeus descended onto the finish line with Clara on his back, calling for Irumi.

"Hm..?" Asmodeus hummed in confusion as he touched down, folding his wings into his root. "Where is Master Irumi?" He questioned, looking at the teacher. "Looks like you are the first," Kalego stated. "Yay! We made it to the goal!!" Clara cheered, hopping down from Asmodeus's back. Kalego stared in displeasure. "And..I suppose she's second.."

"You need to go back to the starting line and fly here yourself!!" Asmodeus growled at the Gremlin girl.

"I don't see Irumikins, where is he?" She instead questioned this, easily ignoring Asmodeus. The anger drained away from the demon as he looked around himself. "Hm..I figured, by now he'd have reached the goal already.."

About two hours passed by since the arrival of Asmodeus and Clara. And now all the students of the Abnormal class besides Irumi and Sabro have arrived, looking at the lowering sun in wait for the two.

"Those two are super late.." Elizabetta commented a little worried. "Yoo-hoo! Irumikins!" Clara shouted, waving a large pole with a red flag. Worry began to shroud the girl's heart in waiting for her first friend. Just as much as the worry that began to lay seed within the Asmodeus heir's heart as well.

"There is no point in waiting." Kalego stated coldly, erasing Irumi's name from his list. Much to the displeasure of the Asmodeus heir.

"Silence," the teacher ordered before any bickering could start up. "The test is complete, I will now announce the official rankings." "Hold it! Master Irumi is not here yet!" Asmodeus shouted still, not pleased with the teacher in the least.

Kalego huffed, ignoring the strange feeling that began twisting his gut-as if he was doing something wrong. "Those who don't return will be left behind." The moment Kalego stated those chilling words; the winds picked up, putting pressure on all of them at the rapidly increasing force. In the distance it could be seen that the great Guardian Beast of Cutthroat Valley was flying directly towards them. Large and menacing with its beady red eyes glowing. A true creature of nightmares.

"The Guardian of Cutthroat valley?" Kalego questioned in surprise, having never seen this gruesome creature leave its territory. "Huh, that's it?" Asmodeus questioned, awed by this deadly creature.