꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎: 𝙾𝚞𝚛 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚗 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

"YOU'RE LATE."
Stefan told Damon as Skyler walked into the Salvatore boarding house the days after Mikael died, she closed the front door behind her causing Damon and Stefan to pause, looking at her.

"I leave for a day. One day. And you guys take Klaus's family?" Skyler questioned incredulously as she frowned at them.

"We can't let him wander around, he'll kill Elena." Stefan told her sternly.

Skyler's eyes lit with fire, Elena. Of course. "And he'll kill you and me if I have anything to do with it."

"You don't." Damon told her curtly.

Skyler looked at him confused, "What?"

"You don't have anything to do with it and you won't." He said sternly.

"And why not?" She asked, whether she liked it or not she needed to be in on their plans if she were to stop them from the inside.

Stefan and Damon glanced between each other in silent question before Stefan said, "We're... not sure we can trust you."

"Yeah. You willingly followed the big bag hybrid." Damon continued, "Doesn't exactly sound like someone we should let on our side."

"He was going to kill Stefan!" Skyler exclaimed gesturing to Stefan, because yes she willingly followed Klaus, and more than they know, she's friends with him, however, that wasn't why she followed Klaus that day. It would have been smarter if she had stayed in Mystic Falls, but if she had there was no guarantee that without her there, Klaus wouldn't kill Stefan.

"We have to go." Stefan said shortly, "We're supposed to meet Bonnie in ten minutes."

She huffed, "So you're just gonna leave? After all that?"

"We'll talk later." Stefan told her before he looked at Damon, "Would you hurry up? We have work to do."

"Be with you in a minute." Damon said waving him off. Stefan rolled his eyes and left without him leaving he and Skyler alone in the house.

"Skyler..." Damon called softly now Stefan was gone.

Skyler looked at him in anger, "What?" She snapped.

"For what it's worth... I trust you." He told her, "I just don't trust Klaus."

Skyler looked away, staying silent. Damon sighed and left, following after Stefan.

____________

"Why do I need to be here?" Skyler asked later when Damon dragged her to a party at the Founders Hall.

"Because Stefan says we need to keep an eye on you." Damon responded with a smirk.

"I don't care what Stefan says. He's the one who's lost his marbles." She responded.

Damon was going to respond when he noticed Alaric standing by a model of the Wickery Bridge, "Well would you look at that?" he muttered, "That's the bridge where Elena and Jeremy's parents died in the car accident." Damon pointed out to Alaric.

"Something is up with her." Alaric told Damon, "Elena. Something more than usual. You know what it is?"

"Well I'm sure it starts with a "Stef" and ends with an "an."" Skyler mocked.

Damon glanced at her snorting in amusement, "I'm gonna get a drink, write a check, and then we're out?" Alaric nodded so Damon walked away to get a drink and Skyler followed after him, hoping to sneak something stronger into hers.