31. Happy?

Jessie Cross -

My heart was pounding, my body shaking.

I had asked her dads for her hand and they said yes.

I'd propose in front of everyone tonight.

I'm scared.

I'm so in love.

"Is it good enough?" I asked Owen

"It is. She doesn't need a lot to be happy Jess. Calm down." Owen smiled.

"Shes crazy for you man, it'll go great." Ro encouraged.

-

Her papa grilled some burgers and hot dogs, Owen was in charge of fruits and veggies, Rowan on drinks, and me on small fireworks.

In Colorado they have small tents with smoke bombs and everything but nothing crazy can be done here.

I had bought some smoke bombs, pop its, and more that came in a variety pack.

I was shaking as we ate, my hand on her bare thigh. She wore shorts and a white tank top with red white and blue glow sticks, her pretty brown locks pulled slightly back with sunglasses.

"What?" She smiled at me.

I brought my thumb to her lip and wiped the Ketchup off.

She laughed and nodded rewiping the area I just did.

I just wanted her to be mine. Forever.

"You leave at what? 2 am?" Her dad asked.

"Sadly. I'm glad we were able to come out though, thank you guys." She smiled at her parents kindly.

When she finished the burger I had gotten her a plate of strawberries and mangos and pineapple.

"Yummy, thank you love." She smiled happily.

I leaned down and pressed a long, nervous kiss to her forehead.

"When's it gonna happen?" Her dad asked.

"I know, I wanna take a photo, we know the time these colorful ones go off like the huge ones and I was a photo of you kneeling then." Her papa smiled.

"Okay, just let me know." I nodded.

"Son, I've talked to her about you in general before anyone knew about this, she'll say yes and that's a promise." Her dad patted my back.

"Thank you sir." I nodded, taking a breath.

"Ew don't say that. Call me dad or my name or something. Sir my ass." He grumbled walking away and I laughed.

-

"Light it!" Ro chuckled as Sail lit the smoke bomb and put it down.

It was purple and I handed her a lit sparkler.

"I love this holiday even if it's small." She stood by my side and I pulled her to me by the waist.

"I do too. I'm glad it's with you." I kissed her hair.

"I love you a lot Jessie."

"I love you more." I whispered, nervously excited.

We watched and did the small poppers as the sun went down. My heart was thrusting itself into my rib cage.

"Now." A voice whispered.

"Come here." I smiled, tugging at her arm.

She looked confused as she followed me and I smiled.

"Doll, this is random but I've done all the things necessary. I've asked permission, I've got the stuff for it, and I'm doing it while you're still at your home place." I wiped the sweat from my palms, her face cautious.

"Sailor, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Kids or none, full of letters, books, stories, and your beautiful sundresses. I'd want nothing more in this world if you'd do me the honor," I got down, pulling the box from my pocket.

"In being my wife, not only that but my best friend forever." I opened the box and I looked, seeing her pouring tears.

The fireworks began going off, flashes flickering.

"Yes! Please." She yelled out and I smiled, before I could stand she tackled me and put her hand on the back of my head saving me from the road underneath as she kissed me.

"I love you so so so so much." She sobbed into my neck as I sat up.

"Look at it." I mumbled and she pulled away looking at the ring.

"Oh Jess, it's so perfect." She grinned.

"Happy?" I asked.

"Incredibly." She nodded and put it on her left ring finger, where it belongs.

"Yes bitches!" Owen screamed and everyone ran, hugging us as we ended up sitting on the middle of the street, watching the fireworks.