chapter twenty five.

the rest of the vacation was strange, very strange. you and sae didn't exchange a word, you avoided each other. yet the fact that you both think about the same thing all the time doesn't change. your situation.

tired, you lie in the bed of your hotel room, on instagram. bored, you look at stories and check out what the others are doing on their vacation.

meanwhile rin is at a festival.

jealously you write to him, you wanted to go there too, but your mother had already planned the vacation with yamato at that time.

after a short time his answer follows.

rinplayboi666;
don't worry, ugly people are not allowed here anyway😘

you;
oh? with you they have then certainly made an exception because that sounds like your own personal problem🙃

laughing you send the message. even on the instagram dms it's fun to bully him.

suddenly you get a message from sae, who is lying in the hotel room next to you.

saelovessoccer;
still awake?

you;
yes, can't sleep..

saelovessoccer;
same lol

you open the message, don't really know how to answer. since the thing with your parents, everything is so weird between you.

rinplayboi666;
shut the fuck up and give your brother a blow job hahahahaha

rolling your eyes you don't answer him. is this your reputation now? is this how it's going to end?

saelovessoccer;
i know why you can't sleep and of course i feel the same way.

don't worry, we'll manage.

our parents are not getting married, ever.

just you wait baby.

unbelievably, you read through all his messages and promises. has he been drinking? surely.

<3

"y/n, don't you want to have breakfast with us?" another week has passed, you are back home and you have to go back to school. "no" you take off, don't feel like pretending to be family.

you still have no idea what's going on with sae. he didn't take your offer to run away to heart, too bad.

in the meantime, you just have one thing on your mind; graduation and college.

"we're going to give you a surprise test!" the teacher laughs maliciously as she enters the class.

during the test, rin, of course, copies from you against your will, as usual. you don't care as long as you get a good grade. but in this subject, you're just as bad as he is.

"can you write more clearly?" he whispers to you strained. "your writing is uglier than your face," he adds aggressively when you simply don't respond.

still you don't react, it takes him far too long. under the tables he kicks you with his foot - now you've had enough.

furious you grab him by the ankle, pull him onto the hard floor. of course the whole thing was louder than you thought, everyone turns around.

"you two," the teacher points at rin and you "detention! today" she orders you to stay in school after class.

"great," you roll your eyes "thanks," you thank rin ironically. "it's all your fault," he says, pissed off.

"no, it's your provocative face that's to blame" you reply, miffed.

during detention, rin and you happen to arrive at the room at the same time. like little children, you push each other aside by the shoulders, until he finally makes it in first.

indifferently you follow him into the room, which strangely enough is not as empty as you had suspected.

sae sits in the back, boredly drawing with his pencil on the wooden table.

"ayee!" rin is pleased by the sight of him. "what are you doing here?" he naturally sits down next to him.

"i insulted the cafeteria lady's food. then she spit on me and then, well..." sae recalls the first break, "i threw her food at her."

"what's the plan now?" rin asks, wanting to help his best friend.

rin has put enough stones in the way of both of you in the past. now it's time to clear them out of the way.

<3

"now go fight for her or i'll beat you" rin shoves sae firmly in your direction after detention.

sae needed this nudge , now he actually runs after you. "y/n"

"hey" you breathe, smiling slightly.

"have you applied to a university yet?" you make small talk as you walk side by side.

cautiously, he nods, "you?"

"my mother planned my future years ago," you smile.

"then we probably won't meet too often" he states.

"probably"

you spend every day by each other's side, you can't imagine life without each other. you don't want to imagine it at all, you still have your plan in mind.

"y/n, can you remember the words i told you a long time ago?" taking a deep breath, he stops, pulls you aside slightly by the arm so that your back is leaning against a locker and he is close to you. smiling softly, he looks at your face, which is close to his. "trust me. this time you have to trust me again, like back then. i have a solution" he puts a strand of hair behind your ear.

should you remind him what happened when you trusted him? he betrayed you, you suffered.

"our parents won't destroy this. i'm doing everything in my power to protect us" he pulls you to his warm chest, his hand gently stroking your head.

"because i love you, y/n" he confesses softly.