Chapter 34 - Meeting Old And New Friends

Eve worked her way through every single Dark Wizard record she could find for a name she knew. She looked for any pure- blood, any Death Eater that she could find. The only name that even came close was Grindlewald. She sat back on her seat and groaned. If there were no Death Eaters in New York, then why were Muggles just popping dead in places? Why was there no Dark Mark? Why? The question raced through her mind every single minute.

Eve looked towards Medea. She had fallen alseep halfway through the files. It was 3 o' clock in the morning. "I should get some sleep," Eve muttered and fell asleep on her bed, when green flames burst out of the fireplace, and there was a loud crash. Eve and Medea woke up with a jerk. Eve held her wand in her hand as she walked out of her room.

"Ouch," a voice came.

"James?" Eve asked wide eyed.

"Eve? Oh my god, it's been years since I saw you!" he squealed with delight.

"Oh my god, Prongs! You had to come here at 4 o' clock in the morning and give me a hug? Be reasonable," she shouted at him.

"It-it's 4 o' clock for you? It's one thirty for me in India. Oh, maybe I was actually supposed to go to Sirius'. Sorry mate. I got the times all messed up, you know what I mean? And who is this young lady?" he said, looking towards Medea.

"Oh, right. Introductions, sorry. P-P-Prongs, meet Medea Scamander, Medea, this is James Potter, one of my b-b-b-best friends at Hogwarts," she said yawning as she introduced them to each other.

"Scamander? As in-"

"Newt Scamander, yes. I assume you're the fan, then?"

"No, that would be Moony. We had Fantastic Beasts as part of portion for Care Of Magical Creatures. So he's obviously pretty famous among us lot," James said.

"Do you fancy a nice warm Butter Paratha and Butter Chicken for breakfast Tora? I can get it for you, since I woke you up," James said with a chuckle, and Eve shot him a glare. "You gonna meet Padfoot?" she asked him, and James nodded. "I'm coming with you. I've got loads to tell you all anyway," she said as she put on her coat and walked towards the fireplace.

"Evie, where d'you think you're going without me? I have to meet your boyfriend in Paris, y'know? Ooh, is he a Veela?" she asked she took her coat too and rushed next to her friend, all her sleepiness gone.

"Nah, he just knows French," James said and Eve nodded with a laugh. She stepped into the fire and yelled, "Sirius Black's flat!" and dissapeared.

She entered into a nice and cozy apartment with beautiful blue wallpaper. The air smelled of Sirius' cologne and Eve loved it.  Suddenly, a lock clicked open, and in came Sirius Black. He was staring at Eve, a grin slowly forming on his lips. Before he could run and hug her, however-

"Padfoot! Oh my God, you have no idea how much I missed you!" James cried with joy as he pounced on Sirius. Eve and Medea burst out laughing as Sirius struggled to get out of James' bone crushing hug.

"Okay mate, dinner's on you tonight, 'cause no here has got your money," he said. Sirius laughed and nodded at him. "Oh, and this is Medea, Eve's new friend at New York. Maybe I should get mine too, you'll love her!" James continued, and stepped into the fireplace before anyone could stop him. Medea looked between Sirius and Eve slowly, and said, "I'm just gonna walk around the place, you know? Never been to Paris. I'll leave you two to, um.. I'm gonna go." she said and walked out, closing the door behind her.

"Hey, you," Eve said, as she pulled Sirius into a large hug, "I missed you even though we haven't met only in a month."

"Me too. After the war, I'm never leaving you alone again. I missed all those days of pranks," he said, a small smile on his lips. He leaned forward and gave her a soft, gentle kiss.

A light sound was heard, and both of them turned to look at James standing at the fireplace. "Oh, you guys were.." he said, his voice trailing off.

"Oh my god, okay that's it. Come on James, you already runied the moment. It's alright now, come in! Don't just stand there!" she said with a grin, and pulled away from Sirius and held his hand instead. 

A moment later, a woman with dark brown hair and eyes appeared at the fireplace. She looked beautiful, and she had a slight Indian Accent. She said, "Hi! You guys must be James' friends! You should be Eve, right?" Eve nodded. "And you're Sirius Black!" she said, clapping her hands. Sirius nodded. "I'm Anya Sharma, Auror Department, Indian Ministry of Magic. Well, it's great to meet you all! I've heard so much about you both!" she said, holding out her hand for them to shake.

"All good things, I hope," Eve said with a smile and took her hand.

"Well, I would say so. We always love rebels back in our place," she said and Eve gave her a wide grin.

After all introductions, a tired Lily joined the group, and all of them started talking about what they'd found.

"Well, Medea and I, mostly I, checked all the records at the MACUSA for the names of any Death Eater or Dark Wizard, or even a pureblood who had been arrested in the past. The closest I came to was Gellert Grindlewald, and that was years ago," Eve said sadly.

"Mom reckons that there should be something fishy going on in the MACUSA herself. I mean, look at it! Muggles can't just pop up dead anywhere! It's nuts," Medea joined.

"Well, I checked the most recent Japanese records, and I found an Avery's name there. But that was 7 years ago," Lily said.

"As for India, well, the place is too bloody big. I'm still only a quarter through it, and that's with Anya helping me. Nothing fishy up till now," James said.

"Problem with the country being too big is that we've got too many records, too many people dying and too many people who go unseen in the mess. People kill in crowds, that how murders work anywhere. Now imagine a 2 billion population, with atleast 1 million witches and wizards, and a quarter of them, at the very least, ex-Dark Wizards. That's what  I'm talking about." Anya said sadly, thinking about how many more pages she'd have to go through to find a Death Eater.

"Well, France is the only place that has seen change already then. There are already wizards out on the streets, and they're trying to break the Statute of Secrecy. That's why even I was late today. Voldemort is up and rising to power round the place," Sirius said, and James gulped.

"The war really is coming, isn't it?" he said.

"It's not coming James, it's already here," Eve said, putting her legs on the table as she started to think of all the possible ways in which Voldemort could change the records without anyone knowing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Deepika Padukone as Anya Sharma

Don't forget to vote.