3 - this is real

^^^^^^

^^^^^^

" YOU SICKOS ARE WORSE THAN THIS ATTACKER. "

alexa, play WHERE'S MY LOVE by syml (acoustic)

^^^^^^

"Be easy with her, okay?" Dad's voice was sweet and sincere, as it usually is.

He was driving me to the hospital to visit Tara. Now, of course, I could've gotten a ride from Wes or Amber or Mindy or Chad, but I didn't really trust anybody else to drive me anywhere. Plus, car rides with my father were always the sweetest car rides to exist. Whether we were talking about our days or singing the lyrics of our favorite songs to one another, they always meant the world to me. He meant the world to me.

"You know, all this Ghostface stuff, it's never easy on anybody-especially not the first victim." He was going on a tangent, but I could never be annoyed about that. I always took his words into the utmost amount of consideration, and I always tried to write the extra important things down. "That being said, uh, nobody has ever survived the first attack before, so...you get it, right? It'll be a lot for her to deal with, be easy on her."

"I will, Dad, don't worry-"

"No, nope, I'm not worried." His shiny eyes were stuck on the road ahead, and a pang of guilt struck me like a ton of bricks.

"Sorry Sheriff, I really did try to talk him into helping you out, but he just wasn't up for it." I played out different scenarios in my head for when I would be telling Miss Hicks that Dad wasn't willing or ready to help with the new Ghostface case. "You know how he gets when he gets his mind set in one way, right?" "Yeah! Of course I do, thank you for trying, Tatum. All that matters is that you tried. Have a nice day." The chances of it actually going that way were slim to none, but hey, a girl can dream, right?

"It'll be okay, Dad." I gave him a half-pat on his arm, pressing my lips into a thin smile. "We'll protect each other, and I promise to never let me get out of your sight unless I'm with a trusted adult-"

"And no one-on-one with a love interest." He reminded me the full set of rules I'd come up with at eleven years old.

"And there will be no one-on-one with a love interest, no matter how much I think I can trust them." I reassured him, my smile growing more genuine despite how serious our words were. Tones could be deceiving, and almost always will be deceiving. "And no parties with friends, no going into the basement regardless of the household I'm in-am I missing anything?"