Chapter 6: I will Stay by Your Side

Today was the perfect day, beautiful spring breeze, the start of the Inazuma's spring festival, and the wedding of y/n and Ayato.

But let's rewind a little, shall we?

It was an early morning, a day before the wedding. Y/n was at the Narukami shrine, creating a flower crown to give to Ayato tomorrow for their wedding.

Getting married in Inazuma during the spring has a special tradition, and that is to create a flower crown for your spouse and then have the Guuji bless the crown.

One of the shrine maidens placed baskets of different kinds of flowers near you.

Traditionally, the couple that was getting married would incorporate their spouse's favorite flowers onto the flower crown.
However, this wasn't exactly in y/n's favor as she had no clue what Ayato's favorite flower was.
Hmm, let's see, there's....

- White Magnolia, they're usually a symbol of nobility and a love for nature.

Ayato does come from the Kamisato Clan, so technically he is noble but does he like nature?

- Blue Morning Glory Flower, a symbol of enduring heartfelt emotions, trust, and respect.

Hmm...trust and respect, Ayato did show his trust to me when he showed up during the night of Ritou and didn't lie about being there. But what about 'heartfelt emotions'?

- Lavender, a representation of devotion, grace, and calmness.

"Lavender..." You whispered under your breath, thinking back to the time when Ayato fell on top of you.

"Ah! Y/n stop thinking about that!" You shook your head trying to forget the detailed images of his face and his proximity.

"Lavender does remind me of his...beautiful light purple eyes"
Y/n's cheeks grew redder the more she thought about his facial features.

You looked at the sakura blossoms dancing around with the wind in the sky, remembering Ayato's words,
"Sakura blossoms also represent a new beginning"

"That's it!"

You began creating the flower crown for Ayato, adding sakura blossoms, a bit of lavender, and small buds of blue morning glory.

Your eyes caught a flower hanging around in one of the baskets. Y/n gently grabbed the beautiful pure white magnolia flower, fixating it on the flower crown.

The crown you created for Ayato was truly out of this world.
All of the flowers perfectly captured his ethereal beauty.

"Miko, can you bless my flower crown?" Y/n asked, carefully showing her the crown you made.

"Oh? What an intricate design, and the choice of the flowers, very unique I must say." 

Miko placed her gohei wand up in the sky, concentrating on the blessing, you closed your eyes, feeling pure energy freely dance around.

Miko took a deep breath, focusing on the energy before she brought down her gohei wand, softly tapping the flower crown.

She happily smiled, "You have been blessed, my dear."

You gently opened your eyes, bowing down to Miko, to show a form of respect.

"Ah, y/n," She slyly chuckled, "Here, this is a gift for Ayato and you. Do open it on your wedding night~"