Chapter 3 A Lot of Yelling

Cherry gobbled down her food and dashed out of her bedroom, running down the dark hallway to get to the entrance hall. 

Starflower was waiting for her. "Okay, follow me to the others," she said, and they walked through the tunnel farthest to the left. Cherry was hopping up and down really fast, full of energy.

Can't this tunnel end already? She thought.

The tunnel opened into a giant room, like the entrance, but the ground was a glossy black and looked like it was made out of some type of rock. Maybe obsidian, she thought. It looked like a mansion, there were clothes and pottery woven from twigs, leaves, and sap. There was a beautiful painting of a purple blossom tree, hanging on the wall.

"It's lovely!" Cherry exclaimed, surprised at how nice caves could be. 

"Yes," said Starflower.

"Where are the others?" Cherry asked.

"They'll be here in a moment," Starflower said, eyeing the door. Cherry took the time to look more closely around the room. There was a chest laying in the corner. But when she stepped closer Starflower pulled her back.

"Wait," she said. Her eyes darted around the room, her tail quivered. Then, three dragons stepped in. She recognized the first two. The two dragons were Stonefly, the HiveWing, and Snowstar, the IceWing. But, the last dragon she barely recognized as the green dragon who showed her to the bedroom the night before.

"Hello again Cherry. Sorry I never really introduced myself, I am Pine, a RainWing," he said.

"It's nice to meet you," said Cherry.

"Nice to meet you too."

"My name is Cherry, short for Cherryblossom," she said.

"I know, we know all the names of the dragonets of prophecy," said Pine calmly. Cherry whipped her head around to look at Starflower.

"What!? There is a prophecy?!?! Why didn't you tell me?"

"It wasn't the time," she proclaimed, "also, they will be introducing themselves, we need you all to have a good bond with each other," said Starflower.

"Wait who?"

"The other dragonets of the prophecy, we haven't gotten them here yet."

"You mean kidnap!" Cherry snapped, "And why can't you tell me now?"

"It will be easier to tell all of the dragonets at once," said Pine.

"Why are you being so vague? I'm not a little anymore! Who even are the other dragonets? I have the right to know this stuff!" Cherry screamed.

The guardians stepped back. Pine and Starflower turned orange and red. Stonefly wore a pitying look. Snowstar just looked hurt. She stormed out of the room. Her anger carried her towards the entrance. But then she heard voices arguing so she turned around. It was Starflower and Pine.

"You haven't told her anything this entire time?!" Pine yelled.

"Of course not! I was under orders from you not to!" Starflower shouted madder than Cherry had ever heard her.

"Well I thought you would have broken it at least once!"

"DO I SEEM LIKE A RULE BREAKER TO YOU? I FOLLOW YOU DAY IN AND DAY OUT AND THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT ME!" Starflower screamed, running out of the room and pushing past her. Pine ran after her, yelling. Cherry sighed.

Cherry turned to Snowstar and Stonefly. "So, what do you want to do?" asked Cherry.

Stonefly started, "Uh-" then they heard distant echoes from the tunnel sounding like Pine's voice saying "GUYS COME DOWN HERE!"