Epilogue

This was written by Catherine Stanesby. I think it is pretty amazing, and it's the perfect ending!! Well done, Catherine. It was so hard to choose, because their were so many amazing entries from, including ones from folgates, xMixim, megamarie121, Nerdelicous, xoReadWriteLovexo. They were all amazing, guys, and I've read them all! 

Everyone, check them out! They are all epical writers, and I'm sure the rest of their works are just as good as the enties I was sent :P 

But this was sent by Catherine Stanesby. She didn't have a Wattpad account, so it was sent to me via email. Catherine is aged 14, and lives in England. Catherine, congratulations! 

****************

Max wound his strong arms around my bare waist. In unison, we both let out a sigh on content. This was the type of moment I wanted to keep forever. The soft sunlight warming the skin that wasn’t covered by silk, the slightly diluted smell of rose petals in the air, Max’s warm, strong body holding mine, making me feel like I was protected from anything the world could throw at me.

I smiled, wiggling around to face Max. He was still half-asleep, his eyes moving underneath his eyelids as he mouthed silent words. His hot breath brushed over my skin. Slowly, I reached to his face, brushing a stray strand of hair away. My fingers lingered over the smooth skin of his cheek, tracing his prominent cheekbones. My index finger brushed against his smooth lips, my engagement ring shining red and orange as the bronze shades of sunlight fell across it.

It was nothing special. A simple, circular, regular-sized diamond, set into a ring of silver. It was not the extravagant ordeal I’d always imagined my ring to be. But it was something Max had given me, and that made it more special than any other ring in the world.

Suddenly, his hand darted out, grabbing my wrist, stopping my gentle grazing movement. I stopped moving and stayed as still as a statue. With his eyes still closed, he whispered, “What are you doing?”

Even after three years, his deep voice never failed to make me tingle.

“Watching you sleep,” I replied, caressing his face with my other hand.

The most beautiful smile appeared on his lips. I just looked at his face, completely dazed, half-glad that his eyes were closed, even if it meant he was obscuring his deep green eyes that spoke his soul.

“The groom is not meant to see the bride before the wedding,” he said, his smile growing wider as he talked. “It’s bad luck.”

“Then don’t open your eyes,” I said, pulling my wrist free and using it to hide his eyes, feeling his long lashes against my palm. “I’m only here for a while. I’m leaving soon.”

“Oh,” he said, trying to hide the dismay in his face. I laughed.

“Don’t sound so disappointed. We still have the honeymoon.”

“Well, there is that.”

Three years hadn’t changed the spark we had since we first met. Nothing would ever change, even if we both go to University and are planning separate careers. We’d always be like this – Alexis and Max – forever.

I leaned in, enjoying the scent of his pheromones, the ones that had driven me crazy since that first encounter.

“See you at the altar?” I muttered. His breathing sped up and I smirked. I still had that power over him.

“I’ll be there.”

I pressed my lips against his, gently, a spark of electricity alighting our lips. I pulled away again, our breaths mingling in the air.