Chapter 10 True Love

(A/N: Hi! It's been what? 1? 2 years? I will be honest... I've written this chapter 2 years ago but never published until one day; today, I just suddenly decided to publish it. It's not the best chapter and well, this whole book and the other one is also not the best but if you managed to come this far, congratulations! And thank you. Enjoy!)

(This chapter was written with the help of two friends: turquoiseteddybear and bepuzzled supposedly to advertise our joined account trideca  )

Emmaline's POV

I looked out the window to see nothing but clouds. Ethan is next to me, peacefully sleeping. I thought about the time he rejected me to the time he wanted me back. The time when I saw him with my sister and me rejecting him again. The time I found out it was all because of a cursed necklace to the time when he forgets what he has done and becomes innocent. It's all very complicated..

I sighed. This better be real this time. Ethan's "love" for me. I can hardly imagine after how much the world has played with me. Everything may have happened for a reason but what if this is just a dream caused by some stupid cursed necklace again? Doubt clouded my head. I didn't notice Ethan was gone from his seat. My eyes widened and my heart started beating rapidly as panic and adrenaline started flowing through my body. I hastily stood up, hitting my head on the ceiling in the process. Rubbing the spot that got hit, I saw Ethan. He was walking towards me, yawning sleepily.

"Where did you go?" I asked curiously.

"The bathroom. Why? Did you think I left you?" Ethan smiled cheekily.

"Wha- no way..!" I denied.

"Don't worry." Ethan said, kissing my forehead. "I only have eyes for you."

That made me smile genuinely.

~~~~

Two hours later

"Please return to your seats and fasten your seatbelts as we will be landing shortly." The pilot announced.

As we got off the plane, the past started to catch up to me. Bora bora? Stupid! What was I thinking? What's the point in fixing mistakes that hadn't happened? I was overthinking, but I didn't notice that until I felt a hand clamp on my own. I looked at Ethan, he just smiled back. It was the smile that erased all my doubts and second guessing. "Wanna go to the beach later?"

I gave my own smile, "Sure, let's go swimming."

Then I felt a slight tug, Ethan was looking at me, eyebrows scrunched together and eyes asking a silent question. "Has this happened before?"

I blinked, too surprised. "Uh... déjà vu?"

"I..." His eyes looked lost, dazed even, so I squeezed his hand hoping it was enough. He looked back at me, and maybe it was the worry in my own eyes, but he seemed to pull himself together enough to smile back.

"Do you wanna go for a swim?" He asks, trying to get my mind off my doubts.

"Sure!" I smile happily.

Ethan rubbed his temples and said "Has this happened before?" I looked at him in surprise. "Maybe it's deja vu?" "Yeah... Maybe it is..." He agreed. I looked up to the sky in confusion, but decided to shrug it off.

We left the hotel, me wearing a bikini and Ethan wearing shorts, to go swimming in the sea. We were engaging in friendly conversation when a random chick came up to us and said "Hey! Going anywhere, hottie?" I imitated her false smile but inside I was furious. Couldn't she see that we were together? Ethan shot her a pitying smile "Sorry." He said throwing an arm around me, "I'm not looking for anyone at the moment."

She gave me a dirty look and walked off. I started to laugh and Ethan gave me a look saying 'what?'. I ran into the water and yelled back at him "It's nothing!" I said with a smile.

I can't believe someone like THAT exists in this world. How could they possibly even do such a thing? I buried my head underwater, trying to clear my thoughts from that horrible event that pretty much just ruined my holiday. Suddenly, something grabbed my hand. Jumping up from underwater, I saw Ethan looking at me worriedly.

"Are you okay?"

"What? Yeah, why?"

"You've been staying underwater for more than a minute now."

"Oh... I didn't notice."

"Are you still a bit hot headed from that little event?"

"Yeah.. I guess."

"Don't let it ruin your holiday. You know I have eyes only for you."

"Yeah.." I forced a smile.

"Come on." He gestured for me to follow him.

I got out of the water and followed him towards the trees. "Where are we going?"

"Secret."

Ethan grabs a wet blindfold from his pocket and wraps it around my head.

"This is scaring me, you know."

"Just trust me." He whispers softly, sending shivers down my spine.

He led me past trees. I could feel the life source of a nearby waterfall. If I listen closely I could the water splashing.

"Are we headed towards a waterfall?" I asked.

"How did you know? It should be another 5 minutes walk before you can hear it."

"Oh, it's just my enhanced hearing. Can I take this blindfold off now?"

"No."

After what felt like an eternity later, we stopped walking. I got changed into new clothes that Ethan gave me. At first he was first he suggested that he was going to dress me up but I insisted that I was going to do it myself. Ugh. Even in this somewhat alternate universe, Ethan will still be a pervert...

The waterfall was sparkling and shimmering beautifully under the silvery light of the moon. There were fairy lights hanging from tree to tree. A disco ball was hanging from a branch. -.- And a wooden table covered with a pure white cloth was somewhere.... A platter of seafood and wine.... And the song FANCY was playing (lol)

"So how do you like it?" Ethan asked

"Oh wow! I love it!"

I sit down and eat my seafood like a pig

I was super hungry after the stress of that chick

Super mentally drained

Friendly conversation ensues chatter. chatter*

After eating I stared into Ethan's forest green eyes

He stared back intimately

He pushed me towards a tree and our lips touched.

But Before we get any DEEPER the rain suddenly pours down extinguishing the flame

"Oh crap, it's raining!"

We pulled away and started to laugh

"Perfect moment ruined!" Says Ethan.

Ethan pulled me towards the nearest shelter, which was a little cave behind the waterfall

I gazed into his eyes again and whispering "True Love."

Ethan gives me a confused look

But I just give him a smile..

~END~

(A/N yup that's it. Thanks for getting this far and riding the emotional roller coaster of random plot twists here and there. If ever one day comes, I might rewrite the first book to be what I originally planned it to be which was to straight up ignore Ethan and be with Blake because let's be real, we all ship Blake more than Ethan coz he's just a plain a- anyways thanks for reading! Goodbye)