Ch. 32 - Two Months Later

Loki

Skipping forwards to two months later. A fact unknown to me, Monet had been scheduled to leave one month ago to return to Switzerland and continue her work in biotechnology but apparently she has been able to convince her Boss to remain for two more months. I tried to get her to tell me what strings she had to pull and what her consequences were, but I didn't want to pry given our...slight change in relationship.

What I had noticed, however, was her large increase in amount of work and effort she had to put it into. Even though it sounds almost shocking, it seemed to be much more intense and stress her out more than how she first was when she came to New York. I had assumed this was the price she was needing to pay to be able to remain where she personally wished for quite a few extra fortnights.

Unfortunately for me, the stage of relationship between Monet and I had stayed as barely a friendship. We had our moments, where I've experienced a few near slip-ups but none which succeeded, but other than that it was quite the bore. I had not felt her touch, smelt her scent, or held her in any intimate way ever since that day.

The last two months had bene passing excruciatingly slow for nothing to keep me busy. I was still not allowed to leave the Tower anymore and had not gotten back into the tiled. However, Thor had convinced the others to allow me to participate in their basic combat training and even assist them in advanced weaponry training.

It was amusing to see fellows like Captain Rogers and majority of the other agents attempt in handling swords and daggers; I put together the fact that maybe the shield truly was his only specialty. On the other hand however, both Agent Romanoff and Agent Barton were working surprisingly well with the weapons I had provided for them Barton, however, having a stronger hand on the art of swording while Natasha mastering the skills of daggers much faster - my own specialty of course.

I must admit, this was quite an efficient way of passing time but it was evident for mortals to require rest while us Gods wouldn't resulting in the excitement and high of somewhat like a simulation of entering the battle filed to end rather quickly.

The only two main occurrences was, as mentioned already, Monet's prolonged stay at Avengers Tower along with the final arrival of Ms. Potts.

**

Everyone is in their own personal spaces, spending some private time with themselves as one often does, until I hear the annoying noise a=of a high-pitched, excited shrill coming from a distance. I choose to try to ignore it and return to one of the many books Monet has recommended to me several months ago, when we were much closer.

This is until I hear interrupting clammer coming soon after. I sigh in frustration and trudge out of my chambers and towards the source of sound, to see what all the commotion is about.

Once I reach there, I see everyone. Stark, Rogers, Romanoff, Barton, Doctor Banner, and Thor. Well, almost everyone - Monet isn't in sight. I try to peek between the standing figures and tell why everyone had created a semi-circle around one thing, when I see blonde and black hair popping out from on top of a few heads. Then, I hear a soft gasp and a feminine voice speak.

"Look who it is, everyone." They all turn at the request and I am able to see the woman who noticed me: Pepper Potts. She begins to walk forward with slight hesitation, though it is obvious she is trying to make hide to I pretend it goes unnoticed. Once she is about a metre and a half away from me, she holds out her hand in greetings. "Well, hello Loki. Lovely to see you," she hints at my attitude, "nice and healthy. Glad this time out meeting is under different circumstances." I respond to her kind gesture with return.