CHAPTER 16

Golden eyes flutter open, greeted by a warm sunlight.

"You're awake!" an excited voice exclaimed.

"Venti?" Xiao said in a low tone.
"What time is it?" the yaksha groaned.

"6:34."

"5 more minutes.." Xiao whispered as he fell back asleep, Venti looked at the boy with a somewhat annoyed looked.

"...Ahem!"

The other sat up from the sudden yell.
"Huh-?"

"Ah! You're awake now, c'mon now, we're going to be late for school!" Venti grins.

Xiao groans as he gets up from the bed, he had to be honest, it has been a while since he had a good sleep.

"Meet me at the kitchen!" Venti shouts as he leaves the room.

The teal got up and went into the bathroom. He saw a toothbrush, toothpaste, a comb, and more hygienic things with a note saying,

"For you, Xiao~! <3"

A small smile creeps up the male's face.
.
.
.
.
Venti on the other hand found a note from Aether saying he went to work early.

The god was a little suspicious because the company he worked for didn't open until 7:00.

"Maybe he just needed to meet up with someone.."

He then hears a knock at the porch.

It was Albedo, what was he doing here..?

The bard opens the door greeting the other with a, "Hello Albedo!"

"O-Oh Hey Venti, uhm, is Aether here?" the pale blonde questioned as he tried to peak behind Venti.

"Ah not today, he went to work earlier than expected, why may you ask?" the archon curiously asked.

"N-No.. reason, see you at school and sorry for asking things that might be.. personal, to you."

The bard saw a sad look on his face. Something was definitely going on with them.

Venti felt the need to somehow bring them together again. Knowing Aether, he'll definitely be avoiding Albedo for a while.

But he also thought that maybe he shouldn't barge in their conflict and let them figure out on their own.

"W-Wait!"

As Albedo turned around, almost desperately, the god saw a glint of hope in his eyes.

"I can call you when I see him again," Venti smiles unsurely.

"Yes ple- Ahem, thank you.." Albedo muttered.

"Mhm! Although I do need your number, ehe."

"It's xxx-xxx-xxxx."

Venti nods as he waves goodbye to Albedo.

The door creaks as it was being closed.
Footsteps echoed quietly throughout the household, it was of course Xiao.

"Who was that?" the teal male questioned.

"It was Albedo, something is definitely happening between Aether and him," Venti responds.

The other hums in response.

Silence filled the atmosphere, why was it so awkward?

"I-I have a question.." Xiao muttered, eyes looked unsure making Venti a little nervous.

The golden-eyed boy looked hesitant in his words. Although, he wanted to know,
"What exactly are we.. as in, romantically wise..?"

The god looks at the other, stepping closer to the teal.

As he reaches closer to the other, walking until there's little space left between them. Xiao's heart beating faster as Venti steps closer. Everything was in slow motion although Venti was moving at a steady pace.

Venti then caresses Xiao's cheek as he leans in, placing his lips softly onto the other's.

The other froze at this sudden action. Noticing Venti was kissing him, he slowly kissed back closing his eyes.

The moment was fast as the two broke lips.
Xiao was in a daze, but then heard a soft voice saying,

"Does this answer your question?"

END OF CHAPTER 16

589 words

THIS STORY HIT AN HOUR YAY!!!
-0sManthUsWiN3

Published March 26, 2022