~31

Y/N POV:

With the lights in my room now open, me and Jungkook were sitting on the plush couch, sitting in silence, while Hoseok sat on a chair across from us. 

My heart was still beating fast from my bond with Jungkook, and I couldn't stop thinking about my bonds so far. The thought of me hanging out and kissing my soulmates...it makes me flustered.

"You two..." Hoseok huffed, fixing glares at me and Jungkook. "You guys should be resting. Jungkook, you should've told us the moment Y/N was awake. Why would you go and bond with her when she just got from her memories?"

Jungkook coughed.

"And as for you, Y/N," Hoseok continued, looking at me. "You know better than to exert your remaining energy for bonding. Now, I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but your health should come first, okay? Your head was bleeding just now."

My hand flew up to my head, and I felt nothing. Oh no, Seokjin must've gone and healed me. He'd receive the feedback, and now his head's gonna hurt...

"Okay, so I hope you two will rest from now on. I mean, look at the time, you guys must be exhausted. Jungkook, I think the couch is good for you, you should rest there. And Y/N, since this is your room, feel free to sleep on the bed?"

I glanced at Jungkook as he raised an eyebrow. "You're not gonna separate us?"

"Well, I'm not like Seokjin hyung or Namjoon. And I'm happy that you guys got to bond." He grinned at us. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. As long as you guys get some rest immediately, okay?"

Jungkook stood up, a cute bunny-like smile on his face, and hugged his hyung. "Thank you, hyung, you're the best."

"Aw, thank you, Jungkook. Now, you go wash up first, Y/N will follow."

Jungkook winked at me and smiled at Hoseok. "Alright, hyung. I'll go now. Y/N, I enjoyed our Bond, thank you for bonding with me."

I blushed at his words, then tried to compose myself in front of Hoseok.

As the giddy 23-year-old headed to my bathroom, my thoughts lingered to Mr. Im...

All this time, I had believed that he was okay. It was like I had truly convinced myself to accept and acknowledge that he was alive and well. It explained why I hadn't found traces of him by the time I was living a stable life with the girls.

And now I learn and realize that Hoseok was his grandson... How could I have forgotten something so important like that?

"What are you thinking, Y/N?" Hoseok asked me, a cute smile plastered on his face.

The way he acted...was he actually burdened by the death of his grandfather? If I remember correctly...Hoseok didn't have anyone else but Mr. Im.

"Your grandfather... Mr. Im..." I choked. No matter how hard I tried to make a sentence, nothing came out.

Suddenly, I felt a gentle hand land on my lap. "It's okay, Y/N." He said, giving me a comforting smile. "It's okay."

"You remember?" I asked him. 

"I remember," He told me, his eyes trailing to his shoes. "When I first heard your name, I thought...I thought it sounded familiar. And then when I drove you to Big Hit Appliances, that's when I knew. You were the daughter of Mr. L/N Jungwoo and Mrs. L/N Yoonseo, my only playmate and friend back then. You were the 9-year-old girl that was with me as we jumped out of my grandfather's minivan. I'm sorry for losing you."

"You didn't lose me..." I said, wiping a stray tear from my cheek. "I ran away from you. I'm the one who's supposed to be sorry. You were...you were probably worried sick about me, and I just threw your trust and company away. It's my fault your grandfather died that day. Everything started going wrong because of me--" I stopped, remembering that I had started to love myself. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "I-I can't blame myself. I can't blame you or anyone else. It's no one's fault."

Hoseok looked at me, his eyes full sympathy and reassurance. "You're right. It just happened."

"I still wish... I still wish he was here. Living, you know?" I said, swiping my eyes with my left hand. "He didn't deserve to die. He didn't deserve to-to--" I turned my head away as tears rolled down my face. I saw droplets of rain patter through the window.

I felt warm hands embrace me in a hug, forcing me to look at him. Tears were streaming down his face too, and he smiled, this time a genuine, warm, kind-of-sad, smile. "Grandfather says hello. We're gonna be alright."

I lay in his arms sobbing until I finally fell asleep.