32. Future

Sailor Kate -

It's been 2 months of our engagement and I couldn't be more excited. I'm just curious about our future.

I'd moved in with Jess, Ro, and Owen and it was amazing. They'd offered to move out but they weren't bothering anyone and it was their home before it was mine.

Right now I was sitting in bed, watching TV as my fiancé went to grab smoothies because he wanted the future talk as did I.

He knocked on the door and smiled at me sweetly, his bleached hair a mess.

"Here." He handed it to me and I immediately drank the refreshing drink.

He turned the TV off and sat in front of me, his legs open around my crossed ones as his hand caressed my knee.

"What do you want Sailor?" He asked.

"It's what the both of us want though." I was jittery for no reason.

"I want to live with you, forever. Maybe buy a smaller house than this, good neighborhood, nice neighbors. Us having children is completely and utterly up to you however watching you carry a child and raise one may be the greatest gift I could ever receive." He said and I nodded.

"Well I think the house part would be nice. Maybe a small porch swing." I smiled at the thought as I sipped the smoothie.

"Baby don't be scared, talk to me." He put my smoothie down and held my hands.

"How soon is it to have an appointment to get an IUI? What's our uhm, time frame for children?" I asked.

"Baby I believe whenever you are ready to grow a child inside of you. We have the money, we have the time, we don't have to rush but if you want I'll schedule one for tomorrow. Whenever your body is ready, I'm already mentally prepared." He kissed both of my hands lightly.

"When are we getting married?" I asked.

"Well, we've been engaged two amazing months. Maybe a year from now? More or less? I don't think you understand, you ask these questions like I have a lot to decide on. All I want in this world more than anything is to be your husband whenever you'll give me that chance. Cheesy as this shit is I want a bump on your belly, I want to stay up with you while your tired, I want to watch your face as you see our baby on the ultrasounds. I want all of it no matter the time because none of it will come too soon. It'll happen as you are prepared because I am. Whenever." He said and I couldn't help the small flutters inside my body as he said that.

"What's your idea? Don't worry about me just, where do you see us in a year? Two even?" He asked.

I looked down and thought.

Honestly I imagined myself getting married pregnant. I didn't want to wait when I'm given an incredible opportunity to become pregnant regardless of how it's done. I wanted maybe 2-3 kids.

"Twins are hereditary in my family." I mentioned randomly.

"Good to know." He nodded waiting for the answers he wanted.

"I don't know when our wedding is but I want to get married while I'm pregnant. I think those pictures would be incredible to look back on and I think it would just be perfect." I looked at him and he grinned.

"When do you see this happening?" He asked.

"I don't want to be too quick. I don't want to freak you out or anything. I just think in my youth and yours we'd be more successful setting up our lives now. I'm not worried about money or space because we have all of those things as well as good friends." I said and he kissed my forehead.

"So?" He put his forehead against mine.

"How about I talk to my doctor and we see the success rate of your fertility as well as mine." I mumbled.

"I would love that." He kissed me and I smiled as he poked at my sides.

"Here." He handed me my phone and I laughed.

-

"Tomorrow, 8am." I whispered.

"We're actually doing it." He smiled.

"We are. Is it too soon?" I asked.

"All up to you. I'm ready when you are. Besides this kid will look just like you and have a gay uncle as well as gay grandpas. Who doesn't want that?" He asked.

"Oh my, that's such a good point. I could read the baby stories and take them to the beach." I dreamed.

"You'll be such an amazing mom. Imagining you pregnant gives me butterflies." He chuckled.

"I'll wear extra sun dresses for you." I winked.

"Do it."