Chapter 38 - The Attack On Bollywood City

The French Ministry had fallen.

All French officials headed back home with the exception of Aurors, who stayed behind to help Dumbledore's Order should anyone else be attacked. This was no longer the issue of one country alone. It was an international issue, and if people started seeing differences between their own and other countries, there couldn't possibly be any way that they could defeat Voldemort.

"Sirius!" Eve shouted, searching for her lover everywhere. Her eyes were filled with tears, and her voice trembled. She fell on her knees, unable to control the emotion. A kind hand touched her shoulder, and Eve's head snapped up. An elderly French woman was standing in front of her, and said something to her in French, but she heard Sirius' name. Her eyes sparkled, and she stood up and shook her head even though she didn't understand what the lady was saying.

The woman took her by the hand and led her to the back where people were being healed. She led her through all of them, and in the end, she saw Sirius Black, helping healers by bringing over water and other common ingredients that he could find locally to heal the injured. As soon as he saw Eve, he left everything that he was doing, and squealed with delight in French, "Oh mon Dieu!" He said a hearty thanks in French to the elderly lady, and kissed Eve on the lips.

"I missed you so much! I searched for you after the battle, but I couldn't find you- Oh my god. You're okay. I'm okay. We're okay, honey," he said and pulled Eve into a hug. Eve trembled. She had been so scared for Sirius, and here he was. He was okay. He was alive. Tears of joy replaced her sad ones and she cried into Sirius' chest as he softly uttered words of comfort to her.

-------------------------------------------------

Another seven hours and seven minutes. This time it was India. A huge tiger Patronus that Eve didn't recognize ran towards James, and he shouted to Dumbledore, "Mumbai City under attack! We need to go!" And so it began again. The Indian Ministry of Magic was located in Mumbai, or as James liked to call it, Bollywood City. James led the people to the Ministry which was located in an old historical building that Muggles were not allowed to visit on the inside. What could have once been a beautiful place was now covered in blood and battle.

The Order together fought against the Death Eaters. Occamies, Lethifolds and other creatures that Eve couldn't identify caused severe collateral damage around the buildings. There was no shortage of Dementors here either. Banshees screamed in corners of the building, and boggarts popped out of nowhere. Eve could have fainted any moment, but she carried on. She was determined to not let go of anyone that she loved. Eve looked outside for a minute. The whole place was covered in blood, and Muggles lay on the street, poisoned by snakes that had been summoned with several snake summons charm.

As the number of people on her side increased, the number of people on Voldemort's increased as well. India was a large population. Dark Wizards were everywhere, and Eve could have sworn that if Dumbledore hadn't been there, then everyone would be dead meat. She turned around as she finished her duel with a Dark Wizard. A Ministry official with no Dark Mark was holding his wand at her face. Eve put her hands up and showed the official that there was no Dark Mark on her arm. He lowered his wand, and smiled with an apologetic face but-

"Avada Kedavra!" a voice sounded behind the official and he fell. Eve continued the fight, not having any time to mourn for the stranger.

15 hours of fighting. That's how long it took the Order to even subdue three- fourths of the Death Eaters of India. After another 3 hours of fighting, the place was secure. The Order had won 2 battles out of three. Eve ran to Sirius, and both of them searched together for James, who was crying on the floor, a girl with a familiar face next to him on the ground. It was Anya Sharma. She was dead. Even though Eve didn't know the girl much, she had found her rather impressive, and mourned for her with James, and so did Sirius. Lily had already gone to the Japanese Ministry to alert the officials of a possible incoming threat, and so had Remus.

The casualities in India were by far the worst. 150 dead officials. 600 Muggles were either severly injured or dead. 300 severly injured officials. The day was by far the worst day in Eve's life, she decided. Her fate was not being cruel, it was merciless. But Eve had made her choice to fight it, and now there was no turning back. She looked at Medea and Max a few metres away, holding on to each other's hands and looking at the ceiling in a comfortable peace.

-------------------------------------------------

Sirius was looking at Eve. Her hair, a beautiful shade of brown had been covered in dust and blood. Her eyes, a mysterious chocolate brown were dull and showed a lack of sleep. And her olive skin was pale and sickly. But she never let go of him. She was holding his hand, and she never let go. She was still beautiful to him. He was looking at Eve as though she were an angel to him. Eve looked back to him, and they made eye contact, and Eve arched her eyebrow as if to ask, 'What?'. Sirius only shrugged and pulled her in for a gentle kiss.

Eve and Sirius parted ways when the next attack didn't come within the next day. They went to their respective Ministries of Magic, and helped to clean up whatever mess was left behind. After the clean up, all Aurors, including Eve, left home to finally get some well deserved sleep. Eve and Medea parted ways at their flat doors, and Eve muttered a final 'Good Night' to her friend as she stepped in to her apartment, went to her bed, and fell on it without even changing from her dusty and blood covered (the blood had dried from the clothes) robes.

-------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm so sorry Anya's dead. Really. No one hates myself more than I do for killing her off. The worst is yet to come, and I'm sorry.