The Missing Candidate

Note: In this chapter ' ...'  Show crusch's thoughts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?: ahem... let's start over shall we?. I am William James Moriarty, currently the consultant of Sir Reinhard. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Breaking the awkward silence, the blond spoke. Meanwhile Felix Argyle, the greatest healer in the entire kingdom, red-faced shrunk in one of the sofas, next to his mistress who had her eyes widened and was at a loss for words.

' What a troublesome day. Though I can't really blame Ferris. If it weren't for him I might have lost it myself... Why does he look like him. What was reinhard going to say?...'

Next to the consultant was his client, looking down with guilt for causing so much trouble.

William: Please don't give it much thought, I really am not mad or anything.

Crusch: Still, allow me to apologise for the uncouth behaviour of mine and my knight.

Ferris: Fer-Ferris is sorry nyan.

William : It's okay I really don't mind. Though do allow me to say something miss Felix.

Ferris looked up to see a kind and caring smile.

William: What happened was understandable you know. But it's really not alright for you to bottle up your emotions. Someone else could take advantage of your insecurities and use it against you. So if you need to talk to someone please feel free to approach me. Okay?

Ferris looked at him through his teary eyes and an awestruck expression, one which he usually gave to Crusch.

Ferris: Yes! Thank you so much nyaaa!!

Crusch smiled.
' Thank you for caring about Ferris'

William: You too Lady Crusch. The person you knew has long gone and he will never return. Only place he exists now is in your memories. Cherish him there.

William gave a charming smile.
Crusch widened her eyes at his words.
' His eyes... They pierce right through you and see who you really are. It's making me feel vulnerable seeing that he can read me so easily.  But then... why do they give so much hope...'

Getting out of her stupor
Crusch: Thank you for your words, Mr. Moriarty. I really do appreciate them.

William: It's no problem and please, call me William. Now then I think we should start with this 'problem', isn't that right Reinhard?
He said while narrowing his eyes, and having a serious expression.

Reinhard: Of course, before that allow me to apologise again for-

William: Reinhard, if you apologise one more time I am leaving.

Reinhard: ah I am so- I mean I understand. I will explain everything keep in mind of your circumstances.

'Circumstances?... Also now that I think about it I have never heard of the family Moriarty. Is that what reinhard was trying to tell me?'

With this the atmosphere took a serious tone and everybody readied themselves.

Reinhard: Two years ago, a mysterious illness spread through the royal family, subsequently killing them. Everything done to save the royal family ended in failure and the royal family was wiped out around last year, among them was the previously mentioned prince Fourier Lugunica.

Crusch clenched her first.
William who had assumed a thinking posture, frowned.
William: something's not right... hmm... Were the people not informed of this matter?

Reinhard: Yes, they were. Is something wrong?

William: The people... They are too calm. Shouldn't the country be under a state of emergency? With the royal family gone, the covenant should be broken... I assume the perpetrators were caught and an election of sorts was held.