6: Second Love

six

"Wow, this party is so much fun. I've been here an hour, and Mayor Lockwood has already yelled at me for looking at the bar, and Misses Lockwood has asked me to stay away from Tyler." I groaned, walking up to Elena and Stefan. "Thanks for making me come, E."

"I didn't make you do anything, B." Elena moved her gaze from the antiques to me. "You're a Gilbert, and Gilbert's happen to be one of the founding families, so you would have had to come weather i wanted you to or not."

"Ehh." I sticking my tongue out at Elena. She only smiled before moving her way around the room, her eyes landing on the Original Founders party registry.

"Wow, look at all these familiar names, Sheriff William Forbes; Mayor Benjamin Lockwood, huh, is that Damon Salvatore?" Elena looked closer, "and Stefan Salvatore?"

Stefan only clenched his jaw, about to speak as Caroline and Damon entered the room. "The original Salvatore brothers. Our ancestors. Tragic story, actually."

"We don't need to bore this with stories of the past." Stefan said, the three of us walking up to Caroline and Damon. I was standing in between the brothers, which was quite awkward.

"It's not boring, Stefan, I'd love to hear more about your family." Elena smiled from Damon to Stefan.

"Well; I'm bored." Caroline shrugged. "I want to dance, and Damon won't dance with me."

"Mmm, hmm." Damon hummed, saying no.

"Could I just barrow your date?" Caroline asked Elena, then looked at me. "Or is he yours? I mean, I never know with you, B."

"Okay, Caroline, we get it. You're still mad that I stole Scott Andrews from you in the third grade, but get over it, it was nearly eight years ago." I glared at her, "plus, I actually like Elena; I wouldn't steal her boyfriend."

I could see Stefan smiling slightly out of the corner of my eye. "I don't really dance." Stefan added.

"Oh, sure he does." Damon quickly looked at Caroline. Damon wasn't lying, Stefan and I danced every chance we could when we were together. "You should see him, waltz, jitterbug, the moonwalk, he does it all."

"You wouldn't mind, would you Elena?" Caroline asked, sounding somewhat innocent.

"It's up to Stefan." Elena shrugged, not making eye contact with anyone but Damon.

"Well, sorry, I'm not going to take no for an answer." Caroline smiled, grabbing Stefan's hand. "Blair, how about you come to? I'm sure you'd like to watch."

"Oh, you know, I'd love to, but I think I'm going to hangout here with Damon and Elena." I faked a smile, "I'd like to get to know your boyfriend better."

"Uh." Caroline's eyes widened as she looked at Damon.

"It's fine, Caroline. You two go. The three of us can chat." Damon nodded, Caroline then pulled Stefan out of the room.

"Look, I'm sorry that you and Stefan have this thing between you two, but I can't get in the middle of it, Damon." Elena stated, Damon frowned slightly, looking at his feet. "I just, I hope you two can work it out."

"I hope so, too." Damon stated, shyly.

"Elena, could you go meet up with Caroline and Stefan? I'd like to apologize to Damon, alone." I whispered to her once i knew their conversation was over.

"Yeah, I'll see you guys out there." She smiled, patting me on the back before leaving the two of us.

"Apologize, huh?" Damon smirked.

"I get it now." I smiled, nodding at him. "I don't know the whole story between you and Stefan. I know that you both dated Katherine, I know that she loved him more, and I know that you're only being a dick to Stefan because of that. But it's not his fault, he didn't force her to love him more, just like you didn't force her to love you less."

"I also know that you're trying everything to break up Elena and Stefan, and trust me, I don't want them together anymore than you, but they're happy. And if there is even an ounce of human in you, you would leave them be." I finished, glaring at Damon.

"You just know it all, don't you Blair?" He huffed, "maybe you should get the whole story before you start confronting people."

"I don't need the whole story to see what your trying to do." I shook my head, "we should get back. Apologies don't take this long."

I began walking out of the room, but Damon stood still. "You want to know what I know?" He asked, smirking. I turned to look at him, "I know that you want Stefan and Elena apart more than I do. I want them apart so Stefan is unhappy. But you want them apart so you can have him for yourself."

"What are you talking about?" I took a deep breath.

"I read Stefan's journals. Every single one, every entry. It's really the only upside to him being at school all week, and me being home all day." He shrugged, "Blair Sommers, Stefan's second love. He really regrets leaving you, you know? He wrote that he could have seen himself having a future with you, telling you all his deepest, darkest secrets, you two growing old together, starting a family, but then he met Elena."

"I'm not Blair Sommers." I stated, now holding my breath.

"I didn't put it together right away, because Elena's sisters last name would be Gilbert, right? No, because your parents were too embarrassed to send you to rehab with your own last name, then it all made sense." He continued talking, despite noticing how uncomfortable I was. "It doesn't seem like you've known Stefan longer than Elena has, you have. You do know Stefan better, and you're more protective of Stefan. Because you're Blair Sommers from Chicago."

"Shut up!" I yelled, running at him and hitting him in the chest, although he didn't budge. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't I?" He smirked at me, grabbing my wrists, stopping me from hitting him again. "We're on the same side, Blair. We both want Elena and Stefan apart. We could team up, do it together."

"You want Stefan unhappy," I huffed, struggling to get my arms from his grasp, "even if I did team up with you, and I got Stefan back, you'd do everything in your power to make sure he isn't happy, so you'd break us up just like you did Katherine, just like your trying to do Elena."

"Fine," he flung my wrists out of his hands, he squinted. "we should get back."

//

AN ; so, I'm not too big of a fan of this chapter, and it's so short compared to the last chapter lol. Quick question, what do you guys want Damon and Blairs friendship to be like? And what about Blair and Stefan's? I'd like to put in what some of you want! (: remember to vote and comment! xxx ashelina