Appreciate It

Breathe.

You peeled your eyes open.

Breathe.

You're alive.

Lunges filling, lunges pushing out.

You're alive.

Your eyes were sticky.

Sticky with a film that only comes after sleep.

Your eyelids were even grimier.

Arm up, hand reaching to rub at the skin on your face.

Sticky.

Red.

Brown.

Dried blood.

You wince, rolling the condensed and mud like blood between your fingers.

You've been out for awhile.

You look to the fireplace.

A very long while.

The fire's out.

...

And you're cold.

..

And tired.

Your head was droggy and your body was feeling worn out even though you still hadn't sat up off the floor.

..

'Fuck Dream.'

Is the first full thought you have. Mind spitting words and letting you sift through the endless onslaught of negative feelings that came with it.

Why would you do that.

Why would you even entertain the thought of making a deal like that.

'Hey! Let me give you the power to crack me open! Sounds like fun.'

Sounds fun my ass.

If he took your blood after axing you, there's no telling how much he took. With how drained you are, you had to have died at least a few times.

If he took your blood after you healed from the axe hit, that would explain why it took so long to wake up. Still in the process of reforming- boom. Axe. Or siphoning blood. Back to bed. Either blunt strength or a cut that drained you.

You notice you're not in the attic anymore. You're instead stranded in the first floor of the house, where the fireplace sits dead, where it appeared as though someone rifled through all the potion supplies.

Who knows what he did.

Who even fucking knows. Because you certainly weren't awake to see it. All you could do was sit here and theorize about what happened in your own self aggravation.

Fuck Dream.

You peel your back off the floor, sitting up and hunching into your own lap and hands. You ran a hand through your tresses, feeling all the dried blood coating your scalp and hair.

What a day to be alive.

The house is frigid.

You're all but shivering.

But something inside you was tired.

Tired in the way that can't be described.

From the dull throb behind your eyes, to the thoughts, and numb limbs.

You come to the conclusion that... you can't find the will to stand up.

Not now.

Maybe later.