Plans and Futures

Days are weird in the Technoblade household. Some days you see Tommy, other days you see no one, and some days you see Techno and Tommy, and all of you sit down around the fire and eat.

It's still so strange, but you've slowly been getting accustomed to it. After the nice long conversation with Tommy late at night, you've been smoldering with resentment. Which you shouldn't. You know resenting something is terrible, and only really makes you more miserable then you started off as, but...

You feel so angry. At Dream. And at what could be assumed based on what Tommy said.

It took a few days to reel yourself in. To calm yourself, to quell the storms of your mind.

But during those few days you kept an eye on Tommy, noticing when he overextends himself and winces, noticing when you see him pause and think about something, noticing all the little things that spell out how he's feeling.

His black eye was healing, starting to turn a green and yellow color instead of the deep blues and purples it used to be.

Which was good.

Seeing him starting to recover made your insides feel soft. Family had to be protected. Family had to feel safe.

And visibly seeing that fact just made your brain happy.

Techno had been about the same, no less focused on his goals then any other day. Though you have noticed he's been a little bit more... engaged?

He seems to be actively searching out moments to interact with not just you, but Tommy as well.

Kinda like he just wants to hang out more with the both of you.

Which you thought was sweet.

Speaking of Techno, today both boys had been at home instead of out adventuring.

Techno having muttered something early in the morning about letting Tommy get some rest.

He's been muttering that specific phrase more after overhearing yours and Tommy's conversation.

Which led to now.

Tommy chilling in his basement room, and you and Techno sitting around in the fireplace room.

Techno specifically was busying himself with making food, several slabs of raw beef placed on a cutting board and in a very methodical manner he was cutting the meat into reasonably sized slices.

Slice after slice, clearly planning on making a lot food.

You settled yourself directly next to the fire, laying on your back and watching Techno work, vision turned upside down.

It felt nice to just relax.

But something tickled the inside of your head.

A nagging and tedious little thought. In truth, you had been thinking about it a lot. Ever since Tommy joined the household.

What in the world were Techno and Tommy's goal?

Yeah, sure they're getting Techno's weapons... but surely there was something after.

You know Techno.

You know he doesn't take kindly to people doing anything... harmful to him, and the butcher army executing him seems like its bound to have intense backlash.

The 'strike back harder then ever struck' kind of intense.

"Hey Tech-" you mumble, still squinting at him upside down.

The brute hums, still calmly slicing at meat, but acknowledging that he heard you.

"What have you and Tommy been up to?"