|chapter 16|lunch isn't so bad|

This update is a week late, but I have not been doing very well, so the other one might be late too. I'm sorry everyone!

*•:∆^°×°^∆:•*

*•:∆^°×°^∆:•*

SEVERUS WALKED THROUGH THE CORRIDOR TO THE GREAT HALL. He really wanted some lunch after the exhausting herbology lesson. No, they did not do anything active or anything that would tire his young body. But his old mind was getting worn from the many lessons, the activeness of teachers, and the newfound friends. In fact, Severus was sure that he could still hear Sprout's energetic voice around himself, talking about the plants they would learn about or the things they would need. Or perhaps it was just Anthony's annoying voice near him. The boy was currently speaking to Timothy and Stebbins about how excited he is for the next herbology lesson. Snape could guess that the boy was going to be a huge fan of Sprout's lesson.

Just before they could reach the Great Hall, the Ravenclaws came face to face with a group of tired, disheveled, and quite grumpy-looking Gryffindors. Severus immediately found Lily with his eyes, her red hair made the girl very easy to see. She smiled once she noticed him and gave him a tired, yet still an enthusiastic wave. She came up to him and hugged him. That is how they entered the Great Hall: a huge group of first-year Gryffindors and Ravenclaws with a red-haired lion house girl practically clinging onto a raven-haired Ravenclaw. The group wandered to their own tables, except for Severus, who went to sit with Lily for lunch, leaving Anthony, Timothy, and Stebbins behind.

He sat on Lily's right. He expected Lily's girl friends to sit on her left, yet they sat around the duo. McKinnon was the one to sit on his right and Meadowes followed her actions. It was only Macdonald that sat on Lily's left. Potter, Black, and Lupin sat themselves right in front of them. Lupin was the one sitting in front of Snape. He was still looking at the Ravenclaw boy weirdly, especially after the raven-haired boy made sure he ate some meat at dinner when his werewolf side was craving it. Severus knew that the boy was most likely not as suspicious of him as he was surprised by the act of kindness. It was truly unrealistic for Snape to already know about the boy's condition a few hours after meeting.