18

Mai watched Tenya Iida, the blue haired boy was sitting on a bench waiting for his train.
Unlike normally he made no to effort to calm his fellow students.
He appeared to be consumed in his own world.
Mai made her way over to him and leaned against the wall beside his bench.
"So what are you going to do?"
She asked eyes trained on the other students who were joking and messing around with each other.

"Rika!"
He exclaimed looking up at her in shock, proving that he wasn't paying attention to anything other than his thoughts.
"I'm um- I'm interning with-"

"No, what are you going to do if you catch up to Stain?"
She clarified.

The boy straightened significantly, the Change in his posture indicated his shock.
"I-I'm not sure what you're suggesting."
He stuttered trying to come up with something to say that wasn't suspicious.
His breathing and heart rate elevated, Mai could smell sweat began to soak his hairline.

"Don't do anything stupid out there, you're smart. Don't get into a situation you can't get out of."
She advised the nervous boy.
He looked away knowing she'd figured him out.
"I understand how you feel, though I don't have any older siblings I once had a friend I veiwed as a brother."

He turned to look at Mai, showing he was listening to her story.
"He was killed four years ago, I watched it happen, I know first hand that revenge isn't fulfilling in any way.
You'll be left feeling worse then before."
She stated, saying something she never thought she would.

"I'm sorry."
Iida said looking at the ground.

"About what?"
Mai asked raising an eyebrow and finally looking at him.

"Your Br- freind."
He said deciding not to use the word brother

"Did you kill him?"
She questioned looking forward.

"N-no-"

"Then there is no need to apologize."
Mai ended the conversation and walked to Midoriya.
Deciding she did what she could, the rest was up to Iida.

Him and Uraraka were sitting there talking so Mai didn't bother adding to the conversation.
Mainly because she was slightly confused.
'Should I mention last night?'
She thought.
After falling asleep on the ground and waking up on her bed Mai wasn't sure if she should bring up the situation or not.

The very idea of anyone being around her while she was so vulnerable made her uneasy.
Plus she's convinced she talks in her sleep.

"Hey Mai!"
She turned and saw a sharp toothed smile belonging to none other than Ejiro Kirishima.

"Hello Kirishima."
She replied.

"Where are you interning at? I'm staying with the pro hero Fourth Kind!"
He said hands on his hips, Mai didn't know who the fuck the hero was but she was sure he was a very manly hero.

"Best Jeanest."
She simply stated the name of the hero she was personally interning with.

Kirishima smiled and gave a thumbs up.
"Really! It's so cool you're interning with such a top ranking hero!"

"I suppose so."

"Oh yeah!"
Midoriya cut in leaving Uraraka after the end of their conversation.
"How did your internship work? I mean how did pro's find you?"

"Well I've met Best jeanest before and he offered a recommendation."
Mai explained, leaving out the details of her past interactions with the pro hero.

"Really! You know him?! that's so cool!!!"
Midoriya fanboyed.
"How did you meet?!"

"Long story."
Mai said looking meaningfully at Midoriya, silently asking him to shut the fuck up.
He opened and closed his mouth in confusion but remembered what she said to him yesterday.
"The heroes got me out of that and I'm grateful for it."