Chapter 55 I'll Always Come Back To You

Xavier wouldn't let me go. Normally I would complain about him being so touchy around so many people, but right now it felt so comforting to know that he was here and the little sparks I felt when he drew lazy patterns on my skin only made me relax even more.

"And you're sure that's the whole truth?" Brad demanded as soon as Andrew had finished telling everyone what he knew, for the second time might I add.

"No, he left out the part where we made a quick detour to Vegas to go clubbing, we figured that we could dance to some T-Pain while the whole pack was out looking for me," I deadpanned at Bard. "Of course that's everything, how many more times does he have to tell you the whole story?"

"Ok, but we do need to go out dancing though," Cecelia cut in. "I know that I for one could definitely use a girl's night full of dancing and karaoke."

"I love you," Hunter sighed at his mate, "but right now is really not the time to be talking about your Saturday night plans, love."

"They're not my Saturday night plans, they're my Friday night Plans. Saturday night is for shopping and going out to dinner, and Sunday is for movies and popcorn," Cecelia corrected.

I couldn't help but giggle. I forgot how casual Cecelia can be during a literal meeting about kidnapping and pack treason.

"Can we please get back on the topic at hand? You know about my mate, your luna, being kidnapped." Xavier grit out, clearly frustrated with his sister.

"I wanna say something," I raised my free hand like a child in school.

"Go ahead Miss Avery," Grayson nodded at me formally, playing like a strict teacher.

"When my mom told me that we were moving from Arizona and to some small, middle-of-nowhere-town in the forest, I was less than happy. I mean, who wouldn't be? And then I found all of you," I smiled brightly at the family in front of me. "And everything started to feel right, I felt like it was all meant to be. Like I was always meant to meet each and every one of you, and now I know that's true. The whole werewolf thing scared me at first, and it did take me a bit to get used to, but it was worth it. Getting kidnapped by two crazy old guys did put a bit of a downer on the mood, but I wouldn't change a thing. I love you all, you're my family and no matter what happens next, I promise that I'll always come back to you. To the pack," I told them honesty. I truly meant every single word that I said. They were my family and I would never leave, and if for someone reason something happened to me, well then I would come back time and time again.

Everyone was silent at the table, taking in my words and how much I meant them. I'm sure that they could all feel my emotions running amuck through the bond we all shared, Xavier feeling them the most through the mate bond.

"Brad, are you crying?" Audrey whispered to her mate.

"What?" Brad asked hastily. "Me? Crying? No, never. I think that your eyes are just playing tricks on you, Babe." He quickly wiped his cheeks before starting at me with a stone-cold expression.

"Those were very kind words that you just said, Addison. And if I was the type of guy to get emotionally over that kind of stuff I would say that it was very tearjerking," Brad said still trying to fight back tears.

"Come here you!" Grayson practically yelled out before shooting out of his chair and wrapping his arms around me in a bear hug.

"Gray, are you crying?" Ivy asked laughing slightly at her mate.

"You bet I am!" He announced. "And I'm not afraid to say it. I have a lot of emotions."

"I love you, Grayson," I murmured into his shoulder and squeezed him back. "You're a brother to me."

Grayson let go of me a few moments later, but only because Xavier demanded that he let go of me and gave me back.

Since when am I an object?

"So, am I free to go? or. . ." Andrew trailed off. It was only then that I remembered that he was still here and just saw all of that.

"You're free to go," Xavier said. "You've saved my mate twice now and for that, I'll always be grateful. I know that we didn't exactly get off on the right foot, Andrew, but I'd like to put that in the past. You're welcome to come and go from Midnight Creek as often and as much as you'd like. Thank you again."

Clearly, I wasn't the only one left speechless by what Xavier said. Judging by the look spread across Andrew's face he was even more shocked than I was. His eyes were wide and his mouth was slightly a gap.

"Thank you," I added.

"Mmmmm," Audrey loudly cleared her throat. "Brad?"

"I'm sorry that I tried to kill you before I heard the full story. Thank you for saving Addison," Brad said nowhere as nice as Xavier, but for him, it was pretty nice.

"Gray?" Ivy looked at her mate.

"I'm sorry that I also tried to kill you when Audrey told Brad that he wasn't allowed. Thank you for saving Addison, the whole of the Midnight Moon pack thanks you as well," Grayson said all in one breath.

Ivy, Audrey, Cecelia, and Hunter also told Andrew thank you, all of them much nicer hen Brad and Grayson.

Andrew nodded to me one last time before turning on her feet and making his way out of the packhouse.

"Is my mom around?" I asked Xavier. "She must still be worried sick."

"She's up in my office," he said unwrapping his arms from my waist and allowing me to slip off his lap and dash upstairs.

"Mom?" I called out pushing the office door open.

"Addison!" She screeched before enveloping me in a hug. "I was so worried."

"I'm fine," I assured her. "Nothing that a warm shower and some sleep can't fix."

"I'm so sorry," she cried lightly. "If I never moved us all the way out here then none of this would have ever happened. You would never have been taken--"

"If you never moved us out here then I would have never met Xavier, or fallen in love. I would still be back in Arizona with a sunburn. I promise that I'm not mad, mom. I'm weirdly really happy right now, I finally feel complete, and I've been searching for this feeling since dad passed away."

"I love you so much, Addison."

"I love you more."

And for the first time in a long time, I finally felt like I belonged. Midnight Creek felt like the missing part of me that I had been looking for for so long.

No matter what happens next, crazy kidnapper or history homework, I would have Xavier by my side and everything would be ok.

THE END

--

Last chapter!!
Do y'all want an epilogue?
I'm still debating if I should do one or not

Also!
I'm thinking of re-writing this
Whole story and adding more detail, and everything.
Would y'all read it if I did re-write?

Also what would be things you'd want to be added/improved in the redone version?

I've been posting questions on my profile so
If you want to you should follow me to stay up to date! ❤️

G ❤️