observings; 1.02

The girl spent the next few days carefully watching the boy inside and outside of class. Watching as he brushed on layers of blue onto his canvas, watching as he walked in the halls alone with his face void of any emotion, watching as he smiled loosely (a smile that never reached his chocolate eyes) at a joke someone made as he mixed the paint till it was the perfect shade.

She was trying to evaluate how he was feeling in the inside, and the more she observed, the more she felt pressure building up on her chest from how upset she was. The girl had so many ideas running through her head, ideas that she attempted to stitch into a plan, a way to help the boy with rosy cheeks. But overall, they became too much, too scattered for her to even process them. Plus, she knew that in the end, people didn't need a savior, they needed to save themselves.

When she looked down at the canvas in front of her one afternoon, she saw how the mess in her mind came to life before her without even realizing it. With a sigh, she dropped her brush in her water bowl and watched as the clear water became tainted with a murky brown.

As she shared a slightly uncomfortable smile with the girl sitting beside her, she wondered what her friend would do with the information she held. She had already told herself that she wouldn't involve anyone in what he was obviously trying to keep private.Though the girl, didn't want to jump any conclusions. Albeit, there was hardly a chance that she misread the way the boy's eyes looked, when he believed no one was paying him any mind.