Vol 3 Ch 3: Framed?

Hirano pov:-

After holding everyone in Class B hostage, Ryūen finally allowed most of the class to leave.

Those who remained in the classroom started with Me, Ryūen, Ishizaki, Kaneda, Ibuki, as well as the three traitors.

"Question: Do you know the identity of the guy who gave you instructions?"

Manabe and the others denied the question by shaking their heads from side to side.

"Well, next question: What are your reasons for betraying Class B? Explain it to me."

"That is-"

"There's no use to concealing it now. If you choose to hide it anyways, then
tomorrow is when your time as my classmates' end and you'll be treated like nothing more than maggots."

In a situation where there is no longer any escape, Manabe would decide to
come clean with the truth.

"D...... Karuizawa of Class D, do you know......?"

(Karuizawa? That girl? What does she have to do with this?)

"Just the name and her face, she's Hirata's woman right?"

"That girl, she is acting strong right now... but I believe she was a victim of
bullying in the past."

I never expected that. I honestly believed that she did the bullying.

"Oh? Then?"

"Rika was treated terribly by Karuizawa, so we attempted to retaliate..."

Even though Manabe was scared, she spoke about the events that happened
during the summer on the cruise ship.

From how they were members of the same group during the special exam, to how they had found out about her past with bullying, and even the violent act of revenge that they took part in. She spoke of everything.

She also brought up that the reason for their spying was due to threats being
made from the other side with evidence.

If the facts were to come to light, they would be subjected to expulsion or
even worse. And, of course, they would receive a scolding from Ryūen as well. She said it was something that had to be done in order to avoid punishment from both the school as well as Ryūen.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. There was so much going on behind the curtains and we didn't even know!

"Indeed. You've been having a lot of fun."

"Are you an idiot? They're being threatened by a guy who they don't even know the identity of. Don't you know that things might get even worse from here?"

"Don't blame them, Ibuki. When humans are cornered, they turn into
vulnerable creatures."

Ryūen had decided to forgive Manabe and didn't continue to accuse them.

"Here's the bottom line: Did anyone else witness the scene where you had bullied Karuizawa?"

Manabe nodded to the question and uttered the names.

"At that time, we were seen by two students from Class D. Yukimura-kun
and Ayanokōji-kun."

The names of two students emerged.

I recognize Ayanokouji. But I have no idea who this Yukimura is.

"A picture was sent to us afterward. A photograph of when we were involved
with Karuizawa."

"So that's how it is. I had expected there to be evidence since you were being
threatened, but for the photograph to have been taken back then... What
happened to this photo?" I inquired.