♛ 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐧 ♛

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦

♛ 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐧 ♛

The first thing that he takes notice to is how the ladder hits the floor with a loud bang. The pain of hitting the ladder comes second. Yet, it is the third thing that he notices that keeps his attention and quite frankly captured his attention.

The woman on the ladder did not fall to the ground as the ladder did. From the ground which he had fallen after colliding with the ladder itself, Corbin watches through his black veil at how she holds onto the chandelier and swings it side to side until she has enough momentum she twists her body and let's go of the chandelier. The world seems to slow down for her when she drops to the ground. The woman lands gently upon the ground with ease. The smirk on her face is true until her eyes turn towards him on the ground. Right in that second, her face falls.

    It is not unusual for the people who he comes across appear to be in deep shock when they see him and over the last couple of months, he's learned that he is the forbidden darkness. The one who they all fear and the one they all respect.

    The woman who he cannot help but stare at, deeply and intensely through the black veil, is quick to fall down to her knees and bow before him. "Forgive me, Your Grace, I know I should hang for causing you discomfort with my ladder placement" Her soft yet fearful voice speaks.

    Corbin then stands up but he continues to look at this woman. Despite the fact that her frame is small, she was able to keep her body hanging on that chandelier for a couple of seconds and twist her body in ways that made her landing far better for not only her body but for her mind, which even from this short time he's learned is sharp. Her instinct had been to hold onto the chandelier and to not let go until she could and then she swayed it in a way that would make her landing stick perfectly.

    Her body is small in size yet he can see beneath her clothing, that her arms are quite strong and have a lot of muscle.
Corbin clears his throat.

    "Speak of this to no one and you will have your life" He speaks in the voice which he always addresses his subjects, which for him is not often. The voice is deeper than his normal one and holds far more authority and power which gives everyone the shivers, showing them all why they should fear him and his power.

    She nods, still keeping her body on the ground. Her knees touching the floor and so does her forehead. Showing respect to him and his power and authority. Corbin only cringes at it.

    Then he walks out of the ballroom the same door that he had come from. Abandoning all his plans which he had wanted to take into action. It had not been this young woman's fault for his plans to get ruined in the ways that forces him to return. A sigh leaves his lips when he walks through the doors and closes them behind himself.

    Instantly, he is met with his personal guard and the only one whom he would be able to call his friend. He does not have friends and as the King he is not allowed. His personal guard had been assigned to him upon his coronation and he had traveled with him wherever he goes. That is to not say that his personal guard knows all where his King actually goes.

    "My King, the council eagerly await for you arrival" His personal guard speaks to him. His name has always been Blac, at least it had been the name which was given to him upon his assignment. For the one who he was will never be who he is now as his whole purpose in life is to protect the King and give his life for him.

    Sharply nodding, Corbin has accepted his fate of not being able to escape that council meeting like his plan had entailed. It had been a carefully constructed plan. At least if it had not been for the literal crash against that ladder, which had caused some pain upon his body. Nothing that will not go away in a day or two as it was fairly minor.

    The King along with his personal guard travel the hallways. They are as gloom and poorly lit as they always are. With the veil over his head, the blackened cloth that he is forced to wear when around others and in public limits his vision as well. He, alone, is able to see through it but others will never be able to make out his face. The hallways are empty for the most parts, expect for the occasional servant running around, tending to their duties.

    It had not been that long since Corbin realized the truth of this world. A truth that many do not seem to be able to see. The one that speaks about how everyone, servants, knights, guards, Kings are nothing but people who all have their own duties in the world that they have to do in order to survive and therefore they are all slaves of those duties. Even a King, such as himself cannot escape his duties.

    The sorrow is within his body when he enters the council room. The very room his father had been proud of. For within this room, he had established great many things for the kingdom. There is far more than giving out orders and enjoying the rich lifestyle. Kings will have to do the hardest things of them all and no one even knows about them. They have to decide the future for the entire kingdom and that is always the most difficult thing in the world and people wish they were him. Well, in his mind, he will not mind if someone were to take his place as King for he frankly does not want the duties nor the position.

    The room is not that large, smaller than most would actually think of. It carries bookshelves with books that he, nor others have read as they are simply there for decoration. Hanging on the wall there is a map of the kingdom and it is often used for battle. In the centre of the room there is a wooden table, built for the first King and has been used ever since. It carries ten chairs. The largest for him on the end of the room which is where he is able to see all that goes on in the room itself. Already sitting by the council table are all nine members which argue amongst themselves. As soon as he has taken a single step into the room, silence dawns upon them.

    All members stand from the table and bow lightly before him. Corbin does not look at them, keeps his head high and walks towards his chair. A miniature version of a throne. This one was the one that his father had had built for himself as the one before this one had not been to his liking at the time.

    He takes a deep breath and then sits down. Only once he is seated do everyone else sit down as well. The chatter begins once more. From what he has gathered, they speak of land-theft of some kind which is purely jealousy.

    He mentally prepares himself for the meeting ahead of him. It was then that an idea so wicked comes to his mind, that he cannot help but the smirk to appear upon his lips.

    "Let the meeting begun..." Corbin speaks, yet inside he plots away.