Chapter 11

We should try

We should try.

"Sorry what?!"

"Jimin got arrested," Taehyung repeated, speaking over the phone.

"No, I heard you say that. What the hell did he do to get himself arrested?" I asked, a word 'stunned' written on my forehead.

"Supposedly, he was really fucking hammered and almost got himself killed," he sighed. "For some stupid reason he was running half naked on a highway while trying to catch a ride with a medical kit in his hand. I think we should put him in a mental hospital to be honest... Jimin officially lost his mind!"

H-he went after me?...

Wasted and holding a med kit?!...

"What a fucking idiot..." I put a hand over my face, not sure of how to react on that.

Was it generosity, stupidity or guilt?

"Are you going to pick him up?" Taehyung asked, trying to figure out a plan.

"Oh, hell no... Deal with him yourself. Just don't let Mr.Park find out about Jimin's stunt and take him home, got it?"

"Of course, boss," Taehyung mimicked with sarcasm and hang up.

"You see what I meant?" I rhetorically asked, turning around towards Mila's tombstone.

Sighing, I decided to put this situation aside for a bit. Not trying to think of him, I continued a little chat with my sister. Her grave is probably the only place I could talk freely about my struggles and feelings. She was the only person I've been honest to my whole life. But sometimes I wish I had someone to talk to who would hear me out and comfort me in their arms.

A good one hour passed and I bid my sister goodbye. Feeling myself a little bit more relaxed now, I went home by taking a peaceful bus ride. Once I sat in the bus and looked outside the window, I noticed that the weather today was really good despite the nearing winter.

About forty minutes later I got home. Jimin wasn't there yet and I was kind of grateful for that. I wasn't ready to face him at the moment. Not until I get some nice sleep.

Changing into my comfortable clothes, I got under the covers of my bed and quickly drifted off to sleep. That's what happens when you don't sleep all night and exhaust yourself to this state.

When I flattered open my eyelashes, it was already dark outside. Such a waste of a nice day. Rolling myself off of the bed, I stood up and rubbed my eyes, not believing so much time has already passed while I had my nap.

Putting on my sweater, to cover my exposed body, I headed downstairs to get a snack. As I walked down the stairs I already saw something strange on a countertop in the kitchen which caught my eye. Turning a corner, I entered the kitchen and saw a beautiful bouquet of white tulips with a small note.