The Swamp

Flying over a large swamp in silence was not what you'd consider a good time. Katara was looking at the map, Sokka was sharpening his weapon, Suhara was looking at the small painting of him and his brother and father in his pocket watch, and Aand was sitting on Appa's head, though he was also looking at the swamp below.

Sokka: Hey, taking us down for a reason? (Not getting any response he tried again) Aang! Why are we going down?!

Aang: What? I didn't even notice.

Sokka: Are you noticing now?

Katara: Is something wrong?

Aang: (Confessed) I know this is going to sound weird...but I think the swamp is calling to me.

Suhara: Your right, that does sound weird.

Sokka: Is it telling you where we can get something to eat?

Aang: No. I...I think it wants us to land there.

Sokka: No offense to the swamp, but I don't see any land there to land on.

Aang: I don't know. Bumi said to learn earth bending I would have to wait and listen. And now I'm actually hearing the earth. Do you want me to ignore it?

Sokka: Yes!

Katara: I don't know...There's something ominous about that place.

Suhara: I'm with Aang on this one. I too feel like the swamp is calling us, and my hearing was severely damaged.

There was silence for a few moments until Momo hid in the saddle, and Appa let out a roar.

Sokka: See? Even Appa and Momo don't like it here.

Aang: Okay. Since everyone feels so strongly about this, except for Suhara, bye swamp. Yip, yip.

Appa rose higher into the air, and a tornado appeared out of nowhere, following the crew.

Sokka: You'd better throw in an extra 'yip'. We gotta move!

Aang steered Appa, zipping and zagging everywhere, but the tornado seemed to be following them. It was tearing up trees, and it was closing in. Sokka began to be lifted into the air because he didn't have ahold of the saddle. Suhara grabbed his wrist trying to keep a strong grip on him while being tied to the saddle. Aang jumped over and put an air bubble around Appa, making the air inside normal. Sokka fell, landing on the saddle with a thud. Aang fought hard to keep the bubble, but the pressure of the harsh winds outside eventually triumphed. Aang, Katara, and Sokka were all scooped up into the air Suhara's rope ripped from the aftershock, and they were thrown into the swamp. Sokka, Katara, and Suhara landed with a thud, but Aang used air bending just before he hit the swamp water, causing him to land softly. Sokka sat up, groaning, while Suhara was disgusted by the swamp water and tries to fling it all off.

Aang: Where's Appa, Ghidorah, and Momo? I'm gonna go see if I can find them from the top of this tree.

Aang hops up the tree looking for Appa, Ghidorah, and Momo.

Katara: Sokka, you've got an Elbow Leech.

Sokka: (Shouting and spinning around.) Where?! Where?!

Katara: (Crossing her arms) Where do you think?

Sokka: Why do things keep attaching to me?!

Ripping the leech off his elbow and throwing it, barely missing his sister. Aang suddenly swung in on a vine.

Katara: You couldn't find them?

Aang: No.

Suhara: And the tornado, just disappeared.