The Library

The group is on a prairie, with Aang sitting cross-legged, holding a flute.

Sokka: What's out here?

Toph: (Kneels and places her palm on the ground) A lot actually. There are hundreds of little-

Aang: Shhh! I know you can see underground, but don't ruin the surprise. Just watch.

Aang places the flute to his lips and plays a note. A prairie dog emerges from a hole on Aang's right and sings the same note.

Aang: (Watching as the prairie dog descends back into the hole) Heheheha, yeah!

Aang plays another note, just as the previous prairie dog emerges from a hole and sings the same note, just as the previous prairie dog had done. Aang smiles and raises his hands and the flute above his head.

Aang: I'm putting an orchestra together.

Sokka: Orchestra, huh? Well la dee de.

Sokka gestures from side to side with his hands as he says the last few words. One after the other, a prairie dog emerged from a hole and each sings a note in descending order. They all descend back down their burrows as Momo leaps down the hole to the left. A moment later, his head emerges from the middle hole. Aang plays more notes and each time a different prairie dog emerges from one of the burrows and matches it. Katara laughs as she watches Momo chase after each prairie dog. Sokka runs up to Aang and pligs his finger into the other end of the flute, muffling the sound and causing Aang's cheek to swell with air.

Sokka: This is great and all, but don't we have more important things to worry about? We should be making plans.

Sokka unplugs his finger and stands up straight, gesturing to his sides with open palms.

Toph: We did make plans. We're all picking mini-vacations.

Sokka: There's no time for vacations.

Aang: (Looking up at Sokka) I'm learning the elements as fast as I can. I practice hard every day with Toph and Katara. And Suhara's even been reteaching me some of the basics of fire bending. I've been training my arrows off.

Katara: Yeah. What's wrong with having a little fun in our downtime?

Sokka: (Crossing his arms) Even if you do master all of the elements, then what? It's not like we have a map of the Fire Nation. Should we just head west until we reach the Fire Lord's house? (Mimics the action of knocking on a door) Knock, knock! Hello, Fire Lord? Anybody home? (He leans towards Aang, closing his fists and dropping them to his sides) I don't think so. We need some intelligence if we're gonna win this war.

Aang plays one more note on his flute and a prairie dog pops out of a hole directly underneath Sokka and sings, surprising him. Katara and Suhara giggle at Sokka as Momo peeks down the hole. Aang drops the flute and bends a small gust of air to get up on his feet.

Katara: Alright, we'll finish our vacations, and then we'll look for Sokka's intelligence.

Aang chuckles at Katara's joke, while Katara places her hands on her hips and smirks.

Aang: (Holing up a map) Your turn, Katara. Where would you like to go on your mini-vacation?

Katara leans towards the map and studies it, placing her hand on her chin.

Katara: (Placing her finger on the map) How about the Misty Palms Oasis? That sounds refreshing.

Aang: Oh yeah, I've been there. It's a pristine natural ice spring, and I usually don't use the pristine. It's one of nature's wonders.

~ ~ ~

Appa stands outside of the oasis walls. To the left are three sand gliders. Inside the walls are several small houses made of dry mud. There are no palm trees and the ice spring in the middle is barely visible. Aang, Katara, Sokka, Suhara, and Toph stand outside the gates.