Chapter 13- Secret Tells And Magic Spells

Full of honey
Just to make him sweet
Crystal balling
Just to help him see
What he's been missing
So come and get it
While you've still got time
Get your boy on his knees
And repeat after me, say
Take a sip of my secret potion
I'll make you fall in love
For a spell that can't be broken
One drop should be enough
Boy, you belong to me
I got the recipe and it's called Black Magic
- Black Magic • Little Mix

Despite being engulfed in a beautiful mansion, there was no way to appreciate it. In a time like this, the prettiness of the surrounding area wasn't important. However much James wanted it to be, it wasn't.

     He and his younger sister walked in silence. All they could hear were the echo of footsteps. Footsteps on floorboards.

    It was all ominous. Why was it so terrifying?

    At one point, James found himself grasping onto Lucy's hand. He was unaware whether it was for him, or for her benefit. But it helped. The blonde boy didn't know why, but the sense of comfort was soothing.

     The first room they found to be a library, and already, James found himself in awe. There was something so magical about the place, and no doubt, each shelf was filled with spell books and things of the like. He wished he could read them.

    Instead, Lucy brought him to a stand in the centre of the room. Upon it, the thickest book of them all. It was worn away, sort of broken, yet still holding up completely.

    When James let his bright blue eyes scan over the cover, he was confused. It was just a group of muddled up letters, and that was it. He couldn't work it out.

    Lucy attempted to open the book, a metal latch firmly locking it in place. However, above the book, there was a wooden carving of Cupid, which blew the wind. With that, James growled lowly at the book, air flushing from his nose as he did, and speeding over the letters.

    That's when they changed. The letter formed the words 'the book of incantations' and suddenly it made sense.

    James allowed his sister to open the hatch, and the magic was revealed to them. The Sibling duo flicked through the pages, and saw all sorts of spells. There were ones for curing toothache, a second for forgetting, and another which amended things.

    However, the one which caught James' attention was snow. The black pages were intriguing, and the white words enticed him. Without a thought to what might happen, which was extremely out of the ordinary for him, James read the words. 

  "With these words, your tongue must sew, for all around there will be snow."

     It only took seconds, maybe less, for a white flake to float onto the pitch black page. Then, hundreds of thousands of white dots drifted from the ceiling, and layered the tiled flooring. Lucy gasped as it tangled into the strands of her hair.

  Chuckling, James smiled. "This is how I remember Narnia." The content silence between the two siblings was enough to go forwards. "The very first time, you remember."

  "Of course I do." Lucy had replied, joyfully. "It was beautiful."

  "It is now, too."