The Puppetmaster

Team Avatar sits around a campfire in the woods, telling ghost stories for some fun.

Sokka: Suddenly, they heard something down the hall, in the dark. Oooh... It came into the torchlight. And they knew the blade of Wing-Fun was haunted! (Dramatically pulls his sword out and wails in an attempt to be scary) Aah-ah...

Aang, Katara, Suhara, and Toph were unimpressed.

Aang: I think I liked "The man with a sword for a hand" better.

Toph: Water Tribe slumber parties must stink.

She flops onto her back, her head landing on Suhara's lap.

Suhara: (Patting her head) Tell me about it.

Katara: No, wait, I've got one, and this is a true Southern Water Tribe story.

Sokka: Is this one of those "a friend of my cousin knew some guy that this happened to" stories?

Katara: No, it happened to Mom. (Everyone focuses their attention on her) One winter, when, Mom was a girl, a snowstorm buried the whole village for weeks. A month later, Mom realized she hadn't seen her friend Nini since the storm. So Mom and some others went to check on Nini's family. When they got there, no one was home, just a fire flickering in the fireplace. While the men went out to search, Mom stayed in the house. When the men went out to search, Mom stayed in the house. When she was alone, she heard a voice; (Little girl's voice) "It's so cold and I can't get warm." Mom turned and saw Nini standing by the fire. She was blue like she was frozen. Mom ran outside for help, but when everyone came back, Nini was gone.

Aang wrapped Momo's ear around his head nervously. Sokka was hiding behind his tree trunk and peering over. Suhara was holding onto Toph, who seemed unfazed, but Suhara could feel her shaking a bit and holding his arms. Ghidorah seemed to be in thought about the story.

Sokka: Where'd she go?

Katara: No one knows. Nini's house stands empty to this day. But sometimes, people see smoke coming up from the chimney, like little Nini is still trying to get warm.

The gang huddles around the fire, looking through the twisted tree limbs. Toph suddenly gasps, lets go of Suhara arm and placed her hand on the ground.

Toph Wait. Guys, did you hear that? (Stands up as well as Suhara holding her hand, while Aang, Katara, Momo, and Sokka all hug each other, trembling with fear) I hear people under the mountain, and they're screaming.

Sokka soon regains his composure.

Sokka: Pft, nice try.

Toph: No, I'm serious, I hear something.

Katara: You're probably just jumpy from the ghost stories.

Toph: It just stopped.

Aang: All right, now I'm getting scared.

Old Woman: Hello, children.

Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Momo all screamed and ran off revealing her. They all gathered around and hug Toph and Suhara, who were also quite frightened. She walks into the fire's light.

Hama: Sorry to frighten you. My name is Hama. You children shouldn't be out in the forest by yourselves at night. I have an inn nearby, why don't you come back there for some spiced tea and warm beds?

Sokka: Yes, please.

Hama smiles and walks away to lead the gang. Suhara claps his hands to extinguish the fire before they follow her.

~ ~ ~

Everyone now sat at a table in the inn, with Toph, Suhara, and Sokka on one, Aang and Katara on the other, and Hama at the head of the table. They all have cups of tea, while Suhara's was partially empty already.