- 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝗜𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 the morning after Sarah Cameronʼs fifteenth birthday party, and Kaci Flores was beyond pissed. All night, she had spent in a dirty cell with no phone. All night, and no contact with the outside world. When she found out who called the police, she was going to kill them.

The door to her cell buzzed and Kaci was escorted out by two guards. She bit down on her tongue to stop herself from saying shit that would get her into trouble, and listened to them as they guided her towards the main entrance.

Luis Flores stood by the desk with Sheriff Peterkin, both of them waiting for his little sister to get there. "I can't believe you, you idiot," was the first thing the older boy said when she greeted him with a glare on her face.

Kaci shrugged. "It was just a party."

"A party you drank at," Luis retorted, quick to lecture his little sister on the dangers of alcohol. "No other kid there was as bad as you."

The girl shrugged again, not really seeming to care about her actions, and turned to the sheriff. "Can I have my phone back now?" she asked boredly.

Peterkin nodded, handing the fourteen-year-old all her belongings. "Remember our chat, Kaci, I don't wanna see you back here."

Once again, Kaci shrugged. "I honestly can't remember a fucking thing you said, but I'll keep it in mind," she said bluntly.

Peterkin chuckled. "You're a hard shell, aren't you, kid?"

Kaci didn't respond, rather just looked at the sheriff for a long moment.

"Thank you for all your help," said Luis gratefully with a kind smile.

The sheriff nodded. "Of course, and you tell me if they're bugging at you again, alright?"

"Yeah, I will," the boy said, slinging his arm around his younger sister as he directed them outside and into the car park.

Kaci shrugged away from him with a cringe. "Who's bothering you?" she asked curiously, having heard the words of Peterkin.

Luis shook his head, staring into the distance. "It's nothing for you to worry about, kiddo."

A ping came out of Kaciʼs phone as it finally turned back on. It was swiftly followed by another, and another, and another, until her mobile was completely blowing up.

She read the first message she could see and scoffed. "That bitch."

𖧷

𝗞𝗮𝗰𝗶 𝗙𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘀, Sarah Cameron and Kiara Carrera were best friends. Or Kiara and Sarah were best friends, and Sarah and Kaci were best friends. Kiara and Kaci were what you would call ʼfake friendsʼ. Therefore, Kaci Flores had no loyalties to Kiara Carrera. Likewise, for Kiara held none to Kaci.

"Hey, Tomato!"

The fruity nicknames were given to the girls a while ago. Kaci was a pineapple and Sarah was a blueberry — they started calling each other them when they were younger. Kaci always had blueberries in her kindergarten lunch, and Sarah always had pineapples. The blonde, of course, came up with the nicknames in her usual sentimental ways; she couldn't live without her pineapples and Kaci couldn't live without her blueberries. Kaci was Sarahʼs pineapple and Sarah was Kaciʼs blueberry. They couldn't live without each other.

When Kiara joined the duo not too long ago, they had to come up with her nickname. Kaci, who knew all about the girl and her history with the pouges, came up with the idea to call her a tomato, because whether she was a fruit or vegetable — kook or pouge — remained an argumentative subject. Freshman year Kaci Flores was a bitch.