35

He followed after his sister as he did daily. Enjoying the sight of his twin happily humming at the rare days she can stroll around the woodland behind their palace. He watched how her golden curls bounced as she gave an occasional skip, he watched how her jewel eyes shone brighter than any other Obelian royal. He watched how her lips pulled back to a smile whenever she sees a critter or a beautiful flora.

He watched, as he did always.

The sudden unknown mana shook him out of his peace.

"Oh"

Eyes narrowing, the male twin immediately summoned his mana (he has to give thanks to Lucas, no matter how begrudgingly it is, that he can control enough of his mana to affect the living world).

Athy had halted, hand still outstretched from admiring a flower. She stood up, a frown on her face. But Adrastos had already placed himself before his sister— it matters not that he cannot be seen by the human eye.

The boy that stood before them was someone he had never met.

"Apologies, your highness. My father allowed me to explore, I suppose I came upon private lands as I did so." The unknown spoke, head bowed low, not meeting his sister's eyes.

Surprised. Both twins remained silent upon the respect given by the boy. After the incident of his sister's debut (what was supposed to be the happiest became one of the darkest) no noble would properly respect his sister. Given that man's apathy towards her.

"Please," his sister spoke quietly, dignified as she always was, "raise your head, it was an accident. I do not mind."

Lifting his head, Adrastos was met with bright amber eyes, short honey brown hair fluttering in the wind. From the warm smile of the unknown's face— the prince became more guarded.

It was too much of an easy smile, the boy had.

"May I introduce myself, your highness?" the said boy questioned 

Jewel blue eyes of an unseen brother narrowed.

"Please do so"

"My name is Ace, your highness," freezing, his hand shook as those amber eyes shifted from his sister to his invisible person, "and I have come here to meet your brother."

Chapter XX - Lovely Princess: Vengeful Twist

-♕35♕-

"Do you have your bags? Your books? How about the messaging scroll?"

"Yes, yes and yes"

"Do you need an extra blanket? How about snacks for the road. Lily, prepare snacks for Ardy—"