Silly Little Interns

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

"Good morning Dr. Malfoy" Janine smiled as she tucked her small body closer to the desk she sat behind "How are you?"

"I'm good, and you?" I smiled as she handed me a folder of my assignments today.

"Good" she replied "I had a bit of a slow start but slow starts meet quick days" she explained as I sifted through the book.

"I hear you" I chuckled "Wait—" I frowned and Pointed to one particular assignment "It says I'm scrubbing in on a cardiac surgery with Dr. Bishop?"

"Uh" she frowned and looked down into the book as well "Yeah, that's what it says"

"That's Draco's surgery" I frowned.

"He must of changed it" she shrugged before sitting back down in her seat and continuing her work.

It's been a week since what happened at the house and the first day back at work. I'm still getting used to the way things work again and getting into the rhythm of waking up early.

Draco left before I did, said he had some work he needed to Catch up on.

We both did.

I frowned and closed the folder before tucking it up into my arm and walking towards Draco's office.

I was confused as to why he would give up his surgery. Cardio was his favourite surgery to do and there's no way he'd just give up a case without having a legitimate reason.

I made it too his office and didn't even knock before walking in.

"Hey, I—" I stopped mid way and looked down at the girl that sat just before his desk. She had long hair tied up into a ridiculously high pony tail held up with a pink ribbon and looked only a few years younger then me. Her blue eyes grew wide as she looked me up and down.

I seemed to have interrupted their conversation as they both look up at me in confusion.

"I'm sorry. Did I—"

"No, not at all" Draco smiled and closed the folder he had open "We're finished"

"Oh" the girl hummed as she stood to her feet "Thank you, Draco" she smiled and shook his hand, lingering too long for my liking before Draco let go and let her leave.

She gave him one last smile and finally left, closing the door behind her.

I watched the now closed door before Draco cleared his throat, grabbing my attention again.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Intern" he replied simply, standing up to greet me.

"She called you Draco" I said as he wrapped me in a hug I didn't return and pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"She did" he said as though it wasn't a big deal.

"Ok, we're gonna talk about that in a minute" I noted before walking past him and towards his desk "Look at this. It says your cardiac surgery is being performed by Robert?"

"Oh yeah, we swapped" he said.

"Swapped?" I rose an eye brow.

"Yeah, I got his Neuro" he said and walked around to sit in his seat.

"You hate Neuro" I said and sat down on the edge of his desk in front of him.

"No I don't" he said. I laughed and gave him a sarcastic look "Ok—maybe a little, but I'm trying to touch up on my skills"

"Uh ok" I laughed and stood up "Well, I wanna be in their with you instead of Robert so I'll put..." my eyes scattered down the piece of paper full of surgeons on his desk "Bailey in my place"