Chapter 4

midnight girl

y/n, i'm totally fine, don't you worry it was just a way to get out of there. and leave you alone with him, kinda. la signora told me she came with childe, and scaramouche came on his own with his car, so me and hu tao will get home together, you make scaramouche take you back with him. oh, and la signora roots for you too, so go get your man!

You were staring at the message, not having any intention to write a reply and slowly but surely drifting into your own world of thoughts <<Unbelievable... The audacity...>>. Thought, beside the "go get your man" part and the fact that your friends just left you with two basically strangers and a most likely madman, spending some time with Scaramouche wasn't a bad idea. If you wanted to know him more you had to take every opportunity, since now you wouldn't study with him anymore. Maybe now wasn't a bad time eighter, with the alcohol in your body and the music making your brain numb you could have even been able to hold a conversation with him.

You felt your arm being pulled down by your wrist, the sofa sinking under your weight and a powerful voice echoing in your head "Sit down, damn, you aren't my bodyguard". You realized you were lost in your thought and were standing beside Scaramouche like an idiot for probably a solid minute.

You started to get back to him, resulting in him teasing you and you teasing him back. Two kids, you looked like two kids at daycare fighting over something really stupid, something like who should use the red Crayon. You were somewhat aware of Childe and La Signora behind you, sitting together on the other couch talking to each other in a kind of low tone, so that even if you wanted to, you couldn't hear a thing.

Suddenly, you saw Scaramouche looking past you, over your shoulder "Eww, do they really have to...?". He had a disgusted face, rolling his eyes in disappointment and quickly shifting his focus to something else, probably the glasses on the table. You turned around to the other two making out. It was surprising and strange. They didn't exactly look good together, they didn't look nor act like a couple and you would have never guessed you could see them like that. It somewhat didn't look natural at all, seeming almost wrong.

"Huh? Are they together?" you turned back to Scaramouche, who got up and stuffed both his hands in the pockets of his shorts, ready to get away from that scene. He tilted his head in your direction, looking down at your slightly flustered face and his heart skipped a beat. You looked gorgeous in that dress, seating gracefully on the sofa, legs crossed and glancing up at him. He had spotted you even before you came up to the first floor, dancing down there with your friends, and he acknowledged your beauty already, even from afar. But right now, right there, like that, you were breathtaking. He couldn't stop his thoughts, he still didn't manage to get back on control of them. But with months, he learned how to let them be in the background of his brain and keep going like nothing was happening. So he did, answering you question right away with a flat tone and straight face "No, for archons' sake! They just... have fun, sometimes. Relieve stress, I guess. Disgusting, let's go, I don't want to stay here any longer". You got up and tugged you skirt down. Someone making out in a place like that was nothing surprising, to tell the truth it was a blessing that Childe didn't have a hand in between the lady's legs. But they just started, no one could guarantee you they wouldn't go further, and especially since they were someone you knew, you definitely didn't want to stay there eighter.

As soon as you seemed ready to go, the navy-haired boy shouted at his friends "Well, we shall take our leave now, so long suckers!"

Childe didn't even lift his head form La Signora's neck and just waved to you two, while she yelled back "Bye guys, see you Y/n!" when you were already heading to the stairs, behind Scaramouche. He still had his hands in the pockets, and walking away rapidly, he seemed not happy at all with the whole situation.